Will this be a solid purchase?

Lukiose

Hello, i'm currently in the midst of closing a deal to purchase a LG 34UC97 for 900sgd (668usd)

It has been purchased a year ago and thus is out of warranty, but it should be in mint condition and can be inspected by me before collection.

Should i go ahead with this deal or grab a brand new Acer Predator XB270HU for 850sgd (631usd) instead?

LG: 34" 21:9 1440p Curved Ultrawide, IPS, 60Hz

Acer: 27", 1440p, IPS, G-Sync, 144hz

I'm currently leaning towards the ultrawide but i want to survey some opinions :)

Edit: Planning to wait until GPU prices are proper @379 and grab an EVGA 1070. I also currently use a 1080p, 60hz TN panel so both would be a major upgrade.

G-Sync is a mystery to me, but i don't really like the idea that it locks me to using only Nvidia GPUs? Especially with Vega 14nm vs Pascal 16nm around the corner 

I'd go for the new Acer model

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

if you have nvidia card then go with the g sync monitor

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Buying the 144hz without a proper GPU that will be able to run the games at 1440P 144hz is a waste. However if you do upgrade your GPU (Not sure what you have now) I'd go for the 144hz, especially if you play FPS games.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

7 minutes ago, Lukiose said:

Hello, i'm currently in the midst of closing a deal to purchase a LG 34UC97 for 900sgd (668usd)

It has been purchased a year ago and thus is out of warranty, but it should be in mint condition and can be inspected by me before collection.

Should i go ahead with this deal or grab a brand new Acer Predator XB270HU for 850sgd (631usd) instead?

LG: 34" 21:9 1440p Curved Ultrawide, IPS, 60Hz

Acer: 27", 1440p, IPS, G-Sync, 144hz

I'm currently leaning towards the ultrawide but i want to survey some opinions :)

Edit: Planning to wait until GPU prices are proper @379 and grab an EVGA 1070

what to you plan on using the monitor for? if you an every day gamer and like to watch movies and do work on your pc then i would go with the ultra wide but if you a hard core gamer then i would get the acer

5 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

what to you plan on using the monitor for? if you an every day gamer and like to watch movies and do work on your pc then i would go with the ultra wide but if you a hard core gamer then i would get the acer

I like games of all sorts, i play osu! , i'm a global elite in CSGO, used to play DotA competitively and i love Sims 3[Yes, judge me :P]

At the same time i also love RPGs like Witcher 2 and 3 and even more casual games like HELLDIVERS*tm.

I watch anime regularly and i spend 70% of my time browsing through the shit known as the internet.

I have never experienced 120/144hz before so i don't really have a point of comparison to know how it's like. Likewise with G/Freesync

2 minutes ago, Lukiose said:

I like games of all sorts, i play osu! , i'm a global elite in CSGO, used to play DotA competitively and i love Sims 3[Yes, judge me :P]

At the same time i also love RPGs like Witcher 2 and 3 and even more casual games like HELLDIVERS*tm.

I watch anime regularly and i spend 70% of my time browsing through the shit known as the internet.

well with the 34 inch you would have room to watch anime and play games on the same monitor