Windows Randomly Restarts and Then Has Tons of Issues?

RelentlessAF

Hey everyone, so recently I've been having an issue where Windows 10 will randomly restart while I'm at work. I'll come home and I'm back at the password screen for some reason. At this point literally everything seems to stop working. I have to restart multiple times just to get my WiFi adapter to work and when I do sometimes I can't even get the networks to pop up. I'm not sure what causes the restart as I am never around when it does it. Any ideas?

Specs? Are there any programs running in the background that you think could be causing this? You might want to take a quick look at the processes running in task manager.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

5 minutes ago, failblox said:

Specs? Are there any programs running in the background that you think could be causing this? You might want to take a quick look at the processes running in task manager.

CPU: 6700K @ 4.5GHz

Mobo: Asus Z170-A

RAM: 16GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz

GPU: EVGA 980tiSC

PSU: Corsair CX600M

I've disabled all programs in the startup besides Steam. Disabling Steam notes no change. After many tries I finally got it to fully boot. I did experience 1 BSOD that said DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE I googled it and it stated it was Driver related but all of my drivers are recent.

1 minute ago, GingerbreadPK said:

CPU: 6700K @ 4.5GHz

Mobo: Asus Z170-A

RAM: 16GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz

GPU: EVGA 980tiSC

PSU: Corsair CX600M

I've disabled all programs in the startup besides Steam. Disabling Steam notes no change. After many tries I finally got it to fully boot. I did experience 1 BSOD that said DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE I googled it and it stated it was Driver related but all of my drivers are recent.

Is it possible that the power could be cutting out while you're away from work? How reliable is the power where you live? Since your wifi adapter has troubles, I would recommend reinstalling your drivers and seeing if that fixes the problem.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

2 minutes ago, failblox said:

Is it possible that the power could be cutting out while you're away from work? How reliable is the power where you live? Since your wifi adapter has troubles, I would recommend reinstalling your drivers and seeing if that fixes the problem.

It should be very reliable, we have literally never had a power outage since I have been here for almost 9 months. I will update/ reinstall and report back.