PPI on an Ultrawide 2560x1080 monitor bad?

Go to solution Solved by shadowbyte,

I've got a 29UB55-B, which is very similar to the P2B29HQ.

There's no input lag, and games look incredible at the 21:9 aspect ratio. Everything looks extremely crisp compared to my 1080p secondary, and isn't much harder to drive. 

If you've got an AMD card, I'd suggest this one, since it has freesync

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-29UM67-29-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B00VBNQJKU/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468257619&sr=1-1&keywords=lg+29+inch+ultrawide

Just wanted to say, first official post here. Anywho. I am looking into buying an ASUS P2B29HQ 29" 21:9 Monitor.

Link to it here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPY0HVY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Just want to know if anyone here has this or something similar along the lines of this monitor. I can't find any decent reviews for it, so I just want to know if there's any input lag, any PPI issues. etc. I know it's no 1440p, but something like that will not be in my future anytime soon due to my budget. I am a gamer and a video editor so picture quality is needed. I don't want perfection (cause I can't afford it) but I also don't want rubbish quality either. I also dab in movie production and special effects so this type of screen is practical for me from a professional standpoint mostly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've got a 29UB55-B, which is very similar to the P2B29HQ.

There's no input lag, and games look incredible at the 21:9 aspect ratio. Everything looks extremely crisp compared to my 1080p secondary, and isn't much harder to drive. 

If you've got an AMD card, I'd suggest this one, since it has freesync

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-29UM67-29-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B00VBNQJKU/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468257619&sr=1-1&keywords=lg+29+inch+ultrawide

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

@shadowbyte Thanks for the quick response! I'm gonna go buy the asus when I get paid. Appreciate the info! Also about the LG, I have an Nvidia card sadly so the LG would be a waste since I can't take advantage of the freesync, but this was a top contender until I noticed the freesync part. (I've been researching for days) Thanks.