Custom Water Cooling Help

Hi i am doing a build in about a month and i am trying to decide weather to use a custom water cooling build. this is NOT my first build and have lots of expierence building pc's with air and closed loop coolers and i am just trying to decide weather to get a custom loop for my PC.

I was wanting to know what kinda costs am i looking at (in USD) to do a custom loop with my CPU, GPU and maybe ram

I was wondering How likely would it to be too leak? And should i be worried about that

and i was wanting too know how difficult it would be to do hard line pipes (because they look sick)

Also i have heard that colored liquid is bad should i go for color pipes?

And Finally would like to know if anyone has some guides they recommend.

CEO of Infinity Creations

No current PC but on the WAY!

~300+ for just a cpu loop

~500+ for cpu and gpu

~600+ for cpu, gpu, and ram

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

~300+ for just a cpu loop

~500+ for cpu and gpu

~600+ for cpu, gpu, and ram

okay wow that is not as bad as thought i was think like 1000+ for just the cpu and gpu

Hardline will make the process much longer and slightly more complicated.  I would highly suggest not doing a hardline setup for your first time.  I've never had a loop leak, but you should always do a leak test for 24 hours before starting to use the loop full time.

Also, check out EK's custom loop kits.  It comes with everything you need which makes things easier. Even if you don't want to buy one of the kits, you can see a list of compatible parts (fittings, tubes, etc).

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Doing hardline tubes isn't so much difficult as it is time consuming and at first, nerve racking. It is a bit more expensive compared to soft tubing but you're talking maybe an extra $100 to $150 or so depending on what you go for. You do need extra parts like a heat gun, inserts, extra tubing for when you mess up, etc. which is where most of the extra cost comes into play.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Okay thanks for your help guys i just would like to know how likely would a hardline loop be to break even if i did the leak test for 24 hours?

also i would like to knoiw some more info about coloring the liquid itself vs color pipes

2 minutes ago, CaptainBlue01 said:

also i would like to knoiw some more info about coloring the liquid itself vs color pipes

Coloured liquid isn't going to affect performance persay, nowadays it's mainly maintenance where coloured liquid is a hassle and tube/res staining but a lot of dyes don't do that anymore. Also coloured liquid simply looks better than coloured tubing. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1534282/how-to-correctly-leak-test-your-loop-101

Short and sweet, should have a quick read through

12 minutes ago, CaptainBlue01 said:

Okay thanks for your help guys i just would like to know how likely would a hardline loop be to break even if i did the leak test for 24 hours?

The first time I did a hardline loop I was crazy careful of everything that touched my desk and I was checking like crazy for leaks. Now that I've done it a couple times I know that it's not just going to fall apart at the slightest bump and will actually hold tight just like soft tubing. Sure you can't easily transport it while filled and drops and other hard jolts can cause issues but if you're careful you'll be fine. You also generally will find any leaks within the first 30 to 60 minutes of setting things up, the additional time is just to double check yourself and give air time to come out.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: