Upgrade

PaNdRaGoN

I currently own a system with these specs: FX 6300, GTX 660 CU II OC edition, 8GB of RAM, 250GB 850 evo. My monitor is 24" 1080p and i am looking for a new own (built-in speakers prefered). I don't know if the GPU is powerful enough so i can play games like GTA V, Battlefield 4, Payday 2 etc. in 1440p at 30-60 fps(medium-high). Is it capable?? And if yes any budget 1440p monitors?? (250-400 euros)

Nah, need to upgrade both GPU and  CPU. I'd spend that money on i5 + Mobo and then save up for a 1060 or RX480

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

For GPU's, I'd wait until the AIB cards for the RX 480 hit. Probably best bang for your buck in that department. The word is that it'll get decent 1440p. Probably looking at $250-300 US on any of those when they hit later this month.

Not sure about monitors... 

6 hours ago, arvark said:

Nah, need to upgrade both GPU and  CPU. I'd spend that money on i5 + Mobo and then save up for a 1060 or RX480

Thank you I was thinking about that as well because the games are starting to be more demanding on the CPU part. But after I upgrade CPU is it a must to upgrade GPU for decent frame rates at medium-high??

6 hours ago, Dumptaker said:

For GPU's, I'd wait until the AIB cards for the RX 480 hit. Probably best bang for your buck in that department. The word is that it'll get decent 1440p. Probably looking at $250-300 US on any of those when they hit later this month.

Not sure about monitors... 

A problem in my country is that the RX480 costs as much as R9 390 brand new or a used R9 390-X so I don't really know if it worths the money this particular time. (also GTX 970 is about 30-40 euros cheaper)

14 minutes ago, PaNdRaGoN said:

Thank you I was thinking about that as well because the games are starting to be more demanding on the CPU part. But after I upgrade CPU is it a must to upgrade GPU for decent frame rates at medium-high??

Well... Pretty much yes, you'd see little to no improvement. You can always buy the GPU first and then upgrade when you can, there you WILL see some improvement when you buy the GPU and then more when you buy the CPU.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

42 minutes ago, arvark said:

Well... Pretty much yes, you'd see little to no improvement. You can always buy the GPU first and then upgrade when you can, there you WILL see some improvement when you buy the GPU and then more when you buy the CPU.

Ok I will see how much money I can spend atm and then decide which components to buy and when. Thanks.

I'd say use your judgement on the GPU. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because there are still a lot of unknowns such as how will the aftermarket 480 cards do, how much will they cost, and how will that affect pricing on nvidia's side not only for the 1060 but for the 900 series as well.

For instance, right now you can get a 970 with 3.5 Vram (which might be enough depending on what the PC is for) at $260-280 US. The problem I have with this is if I can get a card that is basically a 970 equivalent with a solid 4 gb of VRAM at $200, then why pay more for essentially less? 

Sure, the 970s have better coolers on the aftermarket cards, which is why I'm waiting to see how the aftermarket 480s do. If they're decent and they're priced at or below what you can currently get a 970 for, then they make sense - if on the other hand, the AIB 480 cards make nvidia's drop 970s below $200, then they got my attention. Either way, its looking good for the consumer who is willing to wait. 

My rig:

Define S

AMD FX 8350

Black Rock 3 CPU Cooler

Gigabyte 970 UD3

GTX 560 Sli   

*4GB.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Dumptaker said:

I'd say use your judgement on the GPU. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because there are still a lot of unknowns such as how will the aftermarket 480 cards do, how much will they cost, and how will that affect pricing on nvidia's side not only for the 1060 but for the 900 series as well.

For instance, right now you can get a 970 with 3.5 Vram (which might be enough depending on what the PC is for) at $260-280 US. The problem I have with this is if I can get a card that is basically a 970 equivalent with a solid 4 gb of VRAM at $200, then why pay more for essentially less? 

Sure, the 970s have better coolers on the aftermarket cards, which is why I'm waiting to see how the aftermarket 480s do. If they're decent and they're priced at or below what you can currently get a 970 for, then they make sense - if on the other hand, the AIB 480 cards make nvidia's drop 970s below $200, then they got my attention. Either way, its looking good for the consumer who is willing to wait. 

My rig:

Define S

AMD FX 8350

Black Rock 3 CPU Cooler

Gigabyte 970 UD3

GTX 560 Sli   

6 hours ago, arvark said:

*4GB.

I have checked some used GPUs andi found a 970 for 230 euros and a GTX 660 for 100...so I can go SLI but I dont know if it worths. On the other hand I can still wait but as time passes by these cards will be sold.

2x GTX 660 = GTX 680

1 GTX 970 = 2x GTX 680. With all SLI problems.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, arvark said:

2x GTX 660 = GTX 680

1 GTX 970 = 2x GTX 680. With all SLI problems.

Ok so I will just wait :)