MSI GTX 970 Black Screen Issue. Maybe PSU Related

Hello Guys please welcome me with open arms. I am having a particular issue with my Used MSI GTX 970 I purchased online. A little Backstory, I Built my PC for my own Christmas Present in 2014. THE PSU i chosen at the time was a Corsair CX500m I know i know i should have gotten something with better construction and better quality. Anyways the PSU has performed lovely for 2 years now it's silent as a mouse even under load Still Silent. I sold my Previous GTX 970 Reference designed code named MY BABY. I sold it to purchase a stupid PS4 like a dummy. I sold my PS4 the first month which was last month and decided to purchased a Very Lightly used according to the post, MSI GTX 4GB GDDR5 GTX 970 overclocked. For the first 2 days the system performed lovely, Games Ran as smooth as butter such as Witcher 3, GTA V, so on and so fourth. I then Upgraded my windows 10 Installation to stupid 1511 which is where the problems started. I then started to try to diagnose the issue for 7 days 7 Misery filled days. I have been working on computers for years upon years but this issue had me stumped. I would launch a game and within seconds my monitor would Just shut off while everything else stayed on. I reseated everything as per usual. I then decided to check my Modular CX500M cables. I rearranged all cables and i was proud of myself for the clean up job lol. Thank you to Linus on youtube for making a video on management.  I pulled out the 8 Pin connector that has 2 6+2 cables on the end. I didn't really enjoy the quality here. 3 covers on 3 Pins on the 8 Pin Connector that connects to the PSU were MELTED. It took me a minute to get the cable to unplug from the PSU i had to tug and tug. 

Now my Dillema 

8 Pin connector that connects to PSU has 3 Pins that are melted well,,,, not the Pins per say but the plastic cover surrounding the pins are melted. Could this be the reason for the black screen issues? what is weird is I reinstalled my other baby which i will never ever sell. My Top Edition GTX 670 From Asus. The most stable card ever in terms of barely ever crashing. I reinstalled my 670 and everything ran as expected no lockouts, no black screen issues, I tested game after game. So is the cable the issue or Maybe even GPU Drivers? I tried installing various Drivers but from what i read, Nvidias drivers have been crap for some time.... Could this very well have been an issue? I am not the smartest person in the world but i find it odd my 670 works great while the 970 keeps crashing. When it didn't crash it performed lovely.

Mini Update: After trials and tribulations I ordered a replacement cable. I ordered it off of ebay.com But i changed brands. I bought a cable for a EVGA PSU. Not sure if it will work at all or not. Also Managed to get my 970 to work. I won't touch a game as it will lock up literally right away. My 670 can play all day and night no issues. No Missing Pixels. No dark spots, No color changes on screen with the 970 gaming or not. Just shuts off. 

So the PSU powers the 670 fine no issues but the 970 crashes.  Sounds like the GPU is causing issues. You'd have to try the 970 in another computer in order to weed that issue out for 100% since you've done a lot of other things already.

Yes My PSU powers the GTX 670 Just fine and with a voltage of 1.212 for the 670 when gaming is 100 percent stable since 2014. Seeing as the GTX stupid 970 requires a stupid 8 Pin it's causing problems. The 8 pin connector that connects to the PSU for the dual 6 connector is damaged. 3 Pins are damaged not the pins but the plastic around 3 of them is melted which i'm guessing is causing a surge in the 8 pin that connects to the 970. I already ordered a cable and if the cable doesn't solve the issues. I guess i'll buy another fricken power supply and if that doesn't fix it. I'll just sell the damn thing and get a 1070.... Psst if i can find one lol