hyperx cloud 1 vs 2

so i chose my headset but i dont know what version of the headset i should get i play a lot of csgo so i need it to be comfortable and to last me a long time which one should i get hyperx cloud 1 or hyperx cloud 2 

Cloud 2 is 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound while Cloud 1 is regular Stereo. I got the Cloud 2 and I love the surround sound while playing Rainbow 6 Siege...Otherwise they should be the same other than one being Surround Sound and the other Stereo.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Theres not alot of difference between them, but its always nicer to have the latest version of something. Get the HyperX Cloud 2 depending on the price. If Cloud 1 has a drastically lower price, get that instead, and spend the money saved on something else ;)

Does not matter since you can get Razer Sound and get virtual 7.1 sound on a stereo headphone or headset but go for the Cloud 2 if the price is not a big difference

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Cloud 2 is 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound while Cloud 1 is regular Stereo. I got the Cloud 2 and I love the surround sound while playing Rainbow 6 Siege...Otherwise they should be the same other than one being Surround Sound and the other Stereo.

You can get virtual 7.1 sound on a stereo headphone or headset using Razer Sound

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

2 minutes ago, LizardsAreOP said:

You can get virtual 7.1 sound on a stereo headphone or headset using Razer Sound

Shouldn't artificial 7.1 be much worse than actual 7.1 sound though?

21 minutes ago, noodles0_0 said:

Shouldn't artificial 7.1 be much worse than actual 7.1 sound though?

There are differences but having to buy a headphone or headset and make it capable of Virtual 7.1 or close to 7.1...

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

The HyperX cloud 2 has a better noise cancelling mic. It has a single 3 pole 3.5mm jack as opposed to two jacks in the cloud 1 (one for mic one for audio) so you will need a splitter for the cloud 2 if you are not using the surround sound card and want to use the mic. And the cloud 2 comes with that surround sound peripheral as well. The cans themselves are the same.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues