Headphones Right Ear Broken

So this has been an issue for awhile now, and I have been trying my hardest to ignore it, but I have finally reached my breaking point. For the past several months my headphones have been broken in the right ear, leaving me completely def in that ear. It is not only annoying all around, but also extremely annoying when playing shooters and you are trying to listen for the enemy. I know it isn't a software issue as the problem carries over to any device I try to use them on, and also they will magically fix themselves when I am adjusting the headphones or when I am squirming around in my seat, but it is very briefly and whenever I can hold the position I am in it is extremely sensitive and even the slightest movement will break it again. The weird part is is that every time I seem to be able to fix it in a different way. Whether it be adjusting the size of the headphones or bending the wire slightly in a different area, there is what seems to be 0 consistency on my very temporary fixes. I don't think there is any practical way to fix it, but I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered this issue before and had any advice on how to fix it.

The wire leading to the right driver is shorting out or breaking. Your options are to pull the headphone apart and hope you can both fix the issue and get the headphone back in one piece, or buy new ones.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

The wire leading to the right driver is shorting out or breaking. Your options are to pull the headphone apart and hope you can both fix the issue and get the headphone back in one piece, or buy new ones.

Like I said, figured there wasn't any practical way to fix it, but thanks for your reply anyways. I may try to fix them, because otherwise I will be stuck half def until I can actually afford to buy new, nicer headphones.

Huh - glad I'm not the only one who goes through that. Last year I had a REALLY good logitech headset, it was USB, and well first the microphone died (and at the time I was really into youtube video creating) so I started using a playstation eye to compensate (Hard to believe THEY work as microphones on Windows 8+), then the right ear died. It was the ear where the wire was going into, and here's ANOTHER kicker - the left ear was fine. Guess the speaker blew on me, but I had similar "random fixes" where I would bend the wire in a certain way and the right ear would pop back into existence and start working... thank god the mic was mounted there so I could use it as a way to hold the wire... those headphones are now FULLY dead and I have a new pair now.