cpu laptop upgrades

Hi all i dont know how to contact linus so i guess this is the best way.

i would like to see laptop reviews in which linus tells something about laptop cpu upgrade since there are not much videos about it on youtube but some of them claim that it is possible.

i am a student that wants tu buy a laptop with a strong cpu and ind the future if it would be possible to buy box with desktop gpu like the razer core which will be available for other laptop brands , but in time the cpu will become problem so i want to know on which laptop i can change my cpu even if its mobile cpu.

Thank you for your time.

Sorry for grammar mistakes and o hope this gets to linus :DD

16 minutes ago, bubiwy said:

Hi all i dont know how to contact linus so i guess this is the best way.

i would like to see laptop reviews in which linus tells something about laptop cpu upgrade since there are not much videos about it on youtube but some of them claim that it is possible.

i am a student that wants tu buy a laptop with a strong cpu and ind the future if it would be possible to buy box with desktop gpu like the razer core which will be available for other laptop brands , but in time the cpu will become problem so i want to know on which laptop i can change my cpu even if its mobile cpu.

Thank you for your time.

Sorry for grammar mistakes and o hope this gets to linus :DD

Unfortunately you can't really do that with skylake but if you get a broadwell or older you might be able to do that. You would have to do a lot of research on each laptop to make sure it supports PGA not BGA (you can not remove a BGA processor). unfortunately the laptop's cooling system may not be able to handle a better cpu and it may drastically decrease battery life. also the laptop's bios may not support even support the cpu you put into it a just not boot. And cpu you get will have to be used unless you want to buy a new laptop and remove the CPU from it which is counter intuitive. Personally i would not try to change a laptop cpu unless you are very comfortable with computers and working with laptops.

Error 404 humor not found.

I didnt expect that kinda answer its dissapointing but you cleared my eyes thank you

Welcome to the forums. There's next to no chance that Linus will answer your threads so you'll have to deal with us :c Please go on intel ark and find the socket your current processor uses. Then tell us c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

moved to laptops section

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.