Video Editing Workstation - Thoughts

3 hours ago, Aendy said:

The mobo is a luxury for sure, but if you want the bells and whistles it has, like wifi, power/reset button, error indicator etc. why not, especially if you want it for productive tasks.

AIO i know knothing about ;)

Seasonic also has a 650W version, i guess it is just preference which brand you trust in.

75$ for a newer improved version of the chip with new architecture, with more clock speed and probably less heat output, why cheap out when the chip costs 1000$ anyways?

The op probably won't need/use half of those features, but he is still paying for the privilege. If he is prepared to spend that kind of money on a board then he would be probably better off going for the Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1.

A 280mm should perform slightly better than a 240mm due to the larger surface area of the radiator.

The 650W version of that Seasonic is still more expensive than the EVGA P2. SuperFlower who make the P2 are every bit as good as Seasonic.

The 6900K from what I have read doesn't overclock very well. At stock speeds you are talking about 200MHz difference. The TDP of both cpu's is exactly the same at 140W so I would imagine they run very similar in terms of heat output. The 5960X is hardly cheaping out. The performance difference will probably be <10%. 

Like I say it is up to the op if he wants to pay the extra as he is the one spending the $$$.

10 hours ago, sampakk said:

Thanks for the insight. Here is my update build so for:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2scQVY 

Still OTT on the power supply for a single graphics card, although if you are going to claim the rebate then it isn't a bad deal.

Not a huge fan of the NZXT Phantom cases but if you like it then go with it.

7 hours ago, Aendy said:

The mobo is a luxury for sure, but if you want the bells and whistles it has, like wifi, power/reset button, error indicator etc. why not, especially if you want it for productive tasks.

AIO i know knothing about ;)

Seasonic also has a 650W version, i guess it is just preference which brand you trust in.

75$ for a newer improved version of the chip with new architecture, with more clock speed and probably less heat output, why cheap out when the chip costs 1000$ anyways?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Still OTT on the power supply for a single graphics card, although if you are going to claim the rebate then it isn't a bad deal.

Not a huge fan of the NZXT Phantom cases but if you like it then go with it.

Thanks, changed the case. Here is my updated parts list:

v.3

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hjz8KZ