What is commited ram?

Go to solution Solved by vanished,
1 minute ago, p3acefrog said:

I honestly dont know what that means could you elaborate so i can check

A page file is a file on your SSD or HDD that Windows will use to store what needs to be in RAM in case you run out of RAM.  "Committed" shows how much total memory is used, out of all the available memory you have (RAM + page file).

Ive been looking at my ram usage because I used to have a memory leak that would cause the non page pool to shoot to 16 gigs and i see that I have 32 gigs of committed memory but only have 16 gigs of ram what does this mean? Im not sure if it should be that high or not just looking for a explanation.

ss+(2016-07-05+at+03.30.26).png

Do you have a 16 GB page file?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, p3acefrog said:

I honestly dont know what that means could you elaborate so i can check

A page file is a file on your SSD or HDD that Windows will use to store what needs to be in RAM in case you run out of RAM.  "Committed" shows how much total memory is used, out of all the available memory you have (RAM + page file).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Aw yes i do thank you very much for your help sir have a wonderful night