First PC build help

So I'm finally building a pc and can barely contain my excitement!!! Though I should consult with the wise ones before I do something I end up regretting. That is where you come in. Guide this newbie hand enlightened ones!!!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cfXwVY this is my build basically. Feel free to change any of my parts except my gpu as I have already bought it.

My main concerns are

The monitor: should I stick with 4k 60hz? or switch to 1440p 144hz? both ips.

My psu: is it a good one? is it enough? I may find out I only have access to a corsair cs later on...should I change into a Thermaltake toughpower if that turns out to be the case?

CPU cooler: white?? suggest something else please?

PS: the ram is actually 2 sticks of 8gb each.

Thank you for your help and may your enemies always get teabagged.

Why did you go for a quad channel ram config? Wouldn't dual 8GBs be better?

7 minutes ago, tiny_disaster said:

-snip-

budget eh?

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

4 minutes ago, raystriker98 said:

GWhy did you go for a quad channel ram config? Wouldn't dual 8GBs be better?

its actually dual 8gb or a single 16 if I can find one :)

3 minutes ago, Prömetheus said:

budget eh?

yea don't suggest anything way over the rought budget of what I have in the build...+10-15% is ok

Only things I got to say:

#1 get 2x8gb ram it's cheaper than 4 by 4, costs less, and in the future you can easily upgrade to 32gb.

#2 For your monitor it's going to be kind of up to you, but here are your main options: 4k60hz, 3440x1440 at 100 hz (if you're willing to dump 1300 on a predator x34, which is a lot of money), and 1440p144hz. I personally wouldn't go 4k60, but that's my own preference as I prefer having higher refresh rates than 60hz and your opinion is probably different from mine.

As well, note that your 1080 isn't included in your cost-your PC is more like 2700 dollars!

Otherwise, it looks great to me!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, tiny_disaster said:

yea don't suggest anything way over the rought budget of what I have in the build...+10-15% is ok

cuz in your parts the 1080 didn't even get included in the prices, so i guess 2500$?

p.s also is it solely just for gaming?

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

the RM 650 isnt great (RMi on the other hand is top tier), so i suggest the evga g2 650W for the same price and much better build quality

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Only things I got to say:

#1 get 2x8gb ram it's cheaper than 4 by 4, costs less, and in the future you can easily upgrade to 32gb.

#2 For your monitor it's going to be kind of up to you, but here are your main options: 4k60hz, 3440x1440 at 100 hz (if you're willing to dump 1300 on a predator x34, which is a lot of money), and 1440p144hz. I personally wouldn't go 4k60, but that's my own preference as I prefer having higher refresh rates than 60hz and your opinion is probably different from mine.

As well, note that your 1080 isn't included in your cost-your PC is more like 2700 dollars!

Otherwise, it looks great to me!

that's because I have already bought the gpu and paid for it, so I didnt include it. As for the rest thanks!!! I wish I had access to the predator x34, but unfortunately I don't. what is your opinion on the psu? and the cs series? you play fps the most I assume ?

4 minutes ago, Prömetheus said:

cuz in your parts the 1080 didn't even get included in the prices, so i guess 2500$?

yea I know :) about that much yea, a little more

2 minutes ago, DrM said:

the RM 650 isnt great (RMi on the other hand is top tier), so i suggest the evga g2 650W for the same price and much better build quality

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

unfortunately I cant get that where I live. any other suggestions? I would really like a good powersupply

yea I know :) about that much yea, a little more

is it just for gaming? or you plan to do something like editing or maybe rendering?

"THE RED ARMY"

1 minute ago, Prömetheus said:

is it just for gaming? or you plan to do something like editing or maybe rendering?

99.99% of the time gaming...unless I had to use an engineering program because something needs to be fixed A.S.A.P and I cant wait to get to work the next day(highly unlikely)

1 minute ago, tiny_disaster said:

unfortunately I cant get that where I live. any other suggestions? I would really like a good powersupply

what options do you have?

basically anything seasonic or xfx (except xt) is good. evga g2/gs/gq, corsair rmi or higher, some superflower stuff

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

99.99% of the time gaming...unless I had to use an engineering program because something needs to be fixed A.S.A.P and I cant wait to get to work the next day(highly unlikely)

so where do u live? is it murica lol

"THE RED ARMY"

2 minutes ago, DrM said:

what options do you have?

basically anything seasonic or xfx (except xt) is good. evga g2/gs/gq, corsair rmi or higher, some superflower stuff

I may be able to get my hands on a SeaSonic M12II but that's bronze rated...still better than the corsair?

I may be able to get my hands on a SeaSonic M12II but that's bronze rated...still better than the corsair?

actually it is a great psu, had many good reviews. also its modular :P

"THE RED ARMY"

4 minutes ago, Prömetheus said:

so where do u live? is it murica lol

Lebanon

its not perfect, but still has really good build quality, better than the corsair

Lebanon

ok, i think price are more expensive there. same here in Indonesia where parts are not the same as in the US. so may i ask for the website you shop your parts? 

"THE RED ARMY"

2 minutes ago, DrM said:

its not perfect, but still has really good build quality, better than the corsair

noted!! although that may only be available in 750watt...I will check

1 minute ago, Prömetheus said:

ok, i think price are more expensive there. same here in Indonesia where parts are not the same as in the US. so may i ask for the website you shop your parts? 

yea about 10% increase in general...The gpu I bought from dubai. For the rest they are mostly from pcandparts.com

there are other placecs I can buy but if you can find a psu on that website you will save me a lot of trouble :)

59 minutes ago, tiny_disaster said:

that's because I have already bought the gpu and paid for it, so I didnt include it. As for the rest thanks!!! I wish I had access to the predator x34, but unfortunately I don't. what is your opinion on the psu? and the cs series? you play fps the most I assume ?

The psu seems fine... I wouldn't recommend anything Corsair though outside the rm series. As well, as others have said though if you can get your hands on the Seasonic it is a better option than the Corsair.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb