Go to solution Solved by Sparkko,

I bought a 6800k for my new build and have yet to push it over 30% usage. This thing is an absolute monster compared to my old FX-8320. I have mine overclocked to 4ghz with no voltage tweaks.

i thought intel goes by 2 cpu gens per chipsets per extrem cpus. so i dont think intel is going to make another cpu on x99

56 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

i thought intel goes by 2 cpu gens per chipsets per extrem cpus. so i dont think intel is going to make another cpu on x99

I mean for upgrading to maybe a 6590x later. Sorry :)

58 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

I am building a pc so I need a good processor for gaming and other regular stuff. Should I opt for the 6800k because it is x99 and upgradeable in the future? Here's my pcpartpicker list. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/yTbf8K

For gaming you may not need the 6 core because you'll not take advantage of the extra cores. 

Here is where I would check for benchmarks

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/54 

Check different types of benchmarks with the dropdown box.For cpu they have 7. Check single threading. I think single threading benchmarks are going to be your best bet for gaming.

Also, check your other components here as well.

I would recommend the h115i cooler because it's a more recent model (actually I think it's maybe pretty identical) but I bought same one at newegg for less than your h110.

Also, get an ssd as your main drive...trust me. If you can afford it get the samsung 950...it's blistering fast.

Also, the motherboard guru here convinced me to get the asus x99-a II. Since then I've heard asus is the way to go on mobo's. 

I bought a 6800k for my new build and have yet to push it over 30% usage. This thing is an absolute monster compared to my old FX-8320. I have mine overclocked to 4ghz with no voltage tweaks.