Help understanding S.M.A.R.T Data

Hi Everyone, sorry to be a pain but I was wondering if anybody could help me better understand these results. Not sure if the drive is actually having problems or the program is exaggerating. I have no real idea what any of this stuff means for sure or if it is that severe, thanks a bunchSCreenshot.png

Thanks again, sorry for being a noob about this stuff

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

3 minutes ago, BURNINGJUNK said:

Hi Everyone, sorry to be a pain but I was wondering if anybody could help me better understand these results. Not sure if the drive is actually having problems or the program is exaggerating. I have no real idea what any of this stuff means for sure or if it is that severe, thanks a bunchSCreenshot.png

the drive is unhealthy

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Just now, RGProductions said:

the drive is unhealthy

i figured, just wanted to get a few more opinions, thanks

2 minutes ago, BURNINGJUNK said:

i figured, just wanted to get a few more opinions, thanks

these show the drive is unhealthy because of these broken sectors

Untitled.png

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Yeah, i will probably just swap it out with another drive i have lying around, thanks

It is not dead yet, but it shows that one sector is bad but not yet reallocated. You should run a wipe program from your HDD manufacturer to reallocate that bad sector, after that you will see that bad sector will move to parameter 05 Reallocated Sector Count. If the parameter is not increasing rapidly after you use it, sometimes you can still use that drive for a quite long time, but make sure to backup your data to a healthier HDD. I've seen some HDD with some reallocated sectors still works after months or years until it increase to a couple hundred and unusable anymore because it is so slow and corrupted their files.

12 hours ago, BURNINGJUNK said:

back up your data it must be hard drive failure season now  had my seagate implode within a month your drive is healthy compared to what mine did . yes as adhisakti said it can last for a for awhile or a long time depends on if other things are going on ontop off the bad sector count

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS