saphire radeon hd 7870 problems... AGAIN

LessermoldX
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

im using version 13.1

i had it overclocked, restored it to stock, just downclocked it to 1003 on the core and 1200 on the memory, should i try a benchmark and see whats is going on?

my psu is a corsair 600m

my motherboard is not even a half year old (bought it in july `13)

and there is your problem i assume you are using 13.1WHQL (old release) upgrade to 13.9 and see if it helps (which it does for me)

this is me running 13.1WHQL like 9 months ago

http://imgur.com/wqIEckw (check the time of upload)

hello,

im back with the saphire 7870 oc edition, i even got more problems with the damn f+cker.

i still have the old problem, where my card is getting incredible hot and slow in some games

but i have got another problem...

i have graphical glitches under windows, and a lot of them, but the wierd part is, when i set aero to anything else than transparant white (i love that, i can still se my background) im missing chunks, shadows are broken, that kind of useless shit

and if im gaming, there is no problem, but when im typing a f=cking word document it goes al apeshit

post-20793-0-14716300-1380738232_thumb.j

post-20793-0-87015500-1380738237_thumb.j

post-20793-0-92001900-1380738240_thumb.j

post-20793-0-80651100-1380738222_thumb.j

so what can the f+cking problem be...

(im clearly pissed)

i had that issue with starting from 12.11beta to 13.4beta which drivers are you using?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hey man,

Looks like you have some serious GPU artifacts going on. 

Artifacting can sometimes be cause by the following

Unstable over clock ( or sometimes just a bad GPU die unable to hit stock speeds)

Faulty GPU / Motherboard

Unstable Power Delivery ( Cheep power supply?) 

Use Catalyst control centre  ( CCC in start menu) and try seeing what the GPU load is.  if its normal then try setting your GPU core and Memory speeds a bit lower then stock settings. This will require less performance from the card and put less strain on it allowing it to draw less power from your system

You could also try doing a static discharge ( I've seen that cause artifacting issues in the past)

Give that a shot and let me know how that works

i had that issue with starting from 12.11beta to 13.4beta which drivers are you using?

im using version 13.1

Hey man,

Looks like you have some serious GPU artifacts going on. 

Artifacting can sometimes be cause by the following

Unstable over clock ( or sometimes just a bad GPU die unable to hit stock speeds)

Faulty GPU / Motherboard

Unstable Power Delivery ( Cheep power supply?) 

Use Catalyst control centre  ( CCC in start menu) and try seeing what the GPU load is.  if its normal then try setting your GPU core and Memory speeds a bit lower then stock settings. This will require less performance from the card and put less strain on it allowing it to draw less power from your system

You could also try doing a static discharge ( I've seen that cause artifacting issues in the past)

Give that a shot and let me know how that works

i had it overclocked, restored it to stock, just downclocked it to 1003 on the core and 1200 on the memory, should i try a benchmark and see whats is going on?

my psu is a corsair 600m

Well man, If you overclock it and get artifacts either 

A
Dont Overclock
B
Overvolt a bit (if you know what your doing)

your most likely pushing the GPU past its limits and it doesn't have enough juice to remain stable at your current settings. 

Man, If you overclocked it then odds are (depending on the warranty) there going to say  "F-U you broke it on your own"

whatever you do... play dumb on the phone.

Well man, If you overclock it and get artifacts either 

A

Dont Overclock

B

Overvolt a bit (if you know what your doing)

your most likely pushing the GPU past its limits and it doesn't have enough juice to remain stable at your current settings. 

A ) its underclocked at the moment

B )i dont have the balls for that

Send it back. Just to clarify, are you running an overclock or is the card running what it shipped with?

i have the oc version, so it came overclocked from the factory

im using version 13.1

my psu is a corsair 600m

and there is your problem i assume you are using 13.1WHQL (old release) upgrade to 13.9 and see if it helps (which it does for me)

this is me running 13.1WHQL like 9 months ago

http://imgur.com/wqIEckw (check the time of upload)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Contact Saphire and get a replacement

i can contact the company i bought it from, should i do that first

i can contact the company i bought it from, should i do that first

Yeah, they may be able to replace it directly, if not they should help you with contacting Saphire

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

I have the sapphire 7970 and I have problems with graphical glitches kind of like yours

its fixed, my activity is back to normal, my temps are normal and i overclocked it even more, thanx to all of you

I have the sapphire 7970 and I have problems with graphical glitches kind of like yours

try to update your drivers, thats the simplest way to fix it