PC freeze help please

KYZED

Hi everyone!

Not sure if posted in the correct place but here we go,

Built a PC 2 years ago, it is freezing since day 1.

Tried lots of troubleshooting

What happens: Suddenly, high load or starting up or low load, anytime unexpectedly. Can't hear anything, mouse cursor stops, pc screen just freezes like you pause a video and keyboard doesn't light CapsLock or Numlock lights.

What I tried:

----------------Software-----------------

FORMATTED THE PC! (factory reset, reinstall of win7 etc.)

Deleted a TEMP file with 135GB in it

Changed startup programs

Ran whole pc scan

Some registry edits

IF IT IS SOFTWARE RELEATED, may need to update MOBO bios settings, problem here, if it freezes during this, I am f... up so bad, btw MOBO warranty expired

--------------------------Hardware----------------

complete changes of pc part update history:

GPU: Gigabyte R9 270X 2GB OC (1year later) MSI R9 390 (months later) MSI R9 390 (RMA) (reaches max 85°C)

CPU:INTEL i7 3770K for 2 years, haven't changed anything, STOCK cooler

MOBO: ASUS z77-a, haven't changed

RAM: Had 2x: https://uk.hardware.info/product/172601/kingston-hyperx-black-8gb-ddr3-1600-cl9-kit/photos, than tried troubleshooting and tried with 1 ramsticks, changed one of them to: https://us.hardware.info/product/213365/kingston-hyperx-fury-blue-8gb-ddr3-1600-cl10-kit

HDD: Have 2x WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 added WDC WD10EURX-63FH1Y0

IF IT IS HARDWARE RELEATED, I think the problem is P S U, maybe it doesn't deliver the POWER? I plan to buy corsair rm750x

Wow, that's a though one. Well have you tried reinstalling WIndows? Maybe it's a software problem that can't be fixed by editing or software.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

2 minutes ago, Held657 said:

Wow, that's a though one. Well have you tried reinstalling WIndows? Maybe it's a software problem that can't be fixed by editing or software.

done that too, noperino :(

2 minutes ago, KYZED said:

done that too, noperino :(

Okay then it's a hardware problem. Since it's not load related it's rather unlikely to be the PSU. It's rather a storage problem, so CPU (Cache), RAM or HDD. Now you have tried a new RAM-Stick with the old ones taken out, is that correct? 

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Yeah,

I formatted a year ago, but befor that it was freezing like how it still does,

Haven't changed cpu

changed gpu 3 times

maybe PSU is low quality? CM 600W thunderbolt

Added 1HDD like I said and tried rams 1 by 1

"Built a PC 2 years ago, it is freezing since day 1."

Definitely a RAM or a HDD issue, run some tests like other members have pointed out.

Is your HDD speed  fast enough? Since i upgraded to my SSD my pc works a lot (i mean a lot) faster. Also multitasking with anti-virus programs running etc. goes a lot faster without any stutters. I had that before when i was doing everything from my HDD

3 minutes ago, KYZED said:

Yeah,

Haven't changed cpu

changed gpu 3 times

If your PC was still freezing with the R9 270x which this PSU can run without a problem then it's not the PSU.

4 minutes ago, KYZED said:

Yeah,

Haven't changed cpu

changed gpu 3 times

Did you test the sticks for errors with Memtest86 or the inbuilt Windows Memory diagnostic tool?

Yeah,

Haven't changed cpu

changed gpu 3 times

Yeah it's not the best PSU but it's still very unlikely. If the PSU wouldn't deliver enough power it would only freeze under load and you'd see artifacts before that. Since you have 3 HDDs did you try installing Windows on another one? Also did you check the RAM 1 by 1 in every slot? Maybe it's not the RAM but rather a slot? Also is anything overclocked in your system? To what Speed is your RAM set?

2 minutes ago, HoiDaniel said:

Is your HDD speed  fast enough? Since i upgraded to my SSD my pc works a lot (i mean a lot) faster. Also multitasking with anti-virus programs running etc. goes a lot faster without any stutters. I had that before when i was doing everything from my HDD

fast enough? the model is there

Yeah it's not the best PSU but it's still very unlikely. If the PSU wouldn't deliver enough power it would only freeze under load and you'd see artifacts before that. Since you have 3 HDDs did you try installing Windows on another one? Also did you check the RAM 1 by 1 in every slot? Maybe it's not the RAM but rather a slot? Also is anything overclocked in your system? To what Speed is your RAM set?

no overclocks, don't think something is wrong with hdd, what about mobo bios update?? as it is one of my major questions

4 minutes ago, HoiDaniel said:

fast enough? the model is there

A slow HDD still wouldn't cause the PC to freeze, only a broken one ...

1 minute ago, KYZED said:

no overclocks, don't think something is wrong with hdd, what about mobo bios update?? as it is one of my major questions

Don't see that changing anything. Either the BIOS detects your hardware or not, there isn't really anythíng in between. Since nothing is overclocked I'm still pretty sure it's the HDD or RAM.

1 minute ago, Held657 said:

Don't see that changing anything. Either the BIOS detects your hardware or not, there isn't really anythíng in between. Since nothing is overclocked I'm still pretty sure it's the HDD or RAM.

ok whats the fix for hdd then?

there are 4 slots for ram, in manual it says it is better to stick to blue ones

ok whats the fix for hdd then?

Go to the Western Digital homepage, download "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic" and check your HDD.

1 minute ago, KYZED said:

there are 4 slots for ram, in manual it says it is better to stick to blue ones

Not if one of them or worse the complete channel is broken. Just take ONE of your RAM sticks and try to put it in another Slot. Only use this ONE stick. Try every slot if it sill freezes, take another stick and do the same thing. If it's still freezing it's not the RAM.

4 minutes ago, Held657 said:

Go to the Western Digital homepage, download "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic" and check your HDD.

Not if one of them or worse the complete channel is broken. Just take ONE of your RAM sticks and try to put it in another Slot. Only use this ONE stick. Try every slot if it sill freezes, take another stick and do the same thing. If it's still freezing it's not the RAM.

okay stay here mate, I'll update you! thanks alot btw!

6 minutes ago, Held657 said:

okay HDD smart status PASS, what about the other options?

Extended Test

Quick Test

View Test Results

Write Zeros

what do I need to do now?

PC haven't froze for 4 hours low browse load btw :)

3 minutes ago, KYZED said:

Extended Test

Quick Test

View Test Results

Write Zeros

Okay that's good, try an extended Test, if it still passes, try the RAM either like I said it, or with Memtest86 like @MarthiniL suggested.

4 minutes ago, KYZED said:

Extended Test

Quick Test

View Test Results

Write Zeros

Have you already tried installing Windows to another HDD (like suggested already before)? I've similar issue and it was HDD related. Needless to say that said HDD since almost died.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, Held657 said:

Okay that's good, try an extended Test, if it still passes, try the RAM either like I said it, or with Memtest86 like @MarthiniL suggested.

where do I get memtest86 couldn't find it :/

We probably ruled out the HDD as the problem, now we can only hope it's RAM

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Have you already tried installing Windows to another HDD (like suggested already before)? I've similar issue and it was HDD related. Needless to say that said HDD since almost died.

probably insatlled on the same one again, format won't work probalby :/ it didnt

where do I get memtest86 couldn't find it :/

http://www.memtest86.com/