Bios screen enlarged?

Optimusgrime

hi everyone had a issue now with my audio for over a week now and my new gpu jst arrived so i thought wot a perfect time to fully wipe my harddrive and re-install windows and all the drivers in one go.

so i put the os on my ssd and got all the motherboard and gpu etc drivers downloaded no problem put on a song and no audio still :(.

so we googled no sound through headset ,no headphone icon , well  the list goes on, finally i see a post saying "check to see if realtek audio hd manager is enabled in your bios" went to check and my whole bios screen is enlarged,soo much that i can just see the option of power mode,performance or eco mode (barely).

so has anybody got a solution for either my audio problem or my bizzare bios screen issue??

please message or if you need pictures or further details please feel free to message me for them , due to me having this problem for over a week now i just want to start playing with sound !!!.

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

Check on asus site if they have an update for the bios maybe it will fix it. Also some motherboards have utility programs (directly in os) that can flash bios and swap them... 

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

Are you using HDMI or VGA with your monitor?

If you use HDMI, use instead DVI or DisplayPort.

If you use VGA, go on the monitor on screen menu, when you are in the BIOS, and select to auto adjust the image.

Are you using HDMI or VGA with your monitor?

If you use HDMI, use instead DVI or DisplayPort.

If you use VGA, go on the monitor on screen menu, when you are in the BIOS, and select to auto adjust the image.

hi there thanks il have a look now :) i am using hdmi cable at the moment because im not using a sound card and i know that the other cables dont carry sound so they ? .

ps im using my tv at the moment that wont be a issue will it ? i have had my rig for a bout 6 months and the sound only recently went ?.

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

DisplayPort carries sound. The question is if the monitor wants to take the sound form it. DisplayPort also can carry auxiliary connector, like USB, but I have not seen it in use. Probably because that so far, no graphic card supports this feature, meaning that monitors don't.

But for now, let's test something else than HDMI, for testing, and diagnostic purposes.

DisplayPort carries sound. The question is if the monitor wants to take the sound form it. DisplayPort also can carry auxiliary connector, like USB, but I have not seen it in use. Probably because that so far, no graphic card supports this feature, meaning that monitors don't.

But for now, let's test something else than HDMI, for testing, and diagnostic purposes.

hi there yep you were correct thankyou the bios is back to normal size but it was the correct size by just plugging in the other cable, but no sound fixed yet even tho everything is ticked inn the bios but thankyou very much for the help :D appreciate it.

HDMI doesn't work well on PC's, as it was never designed for it. It's always best to use DVI or DisplayPort.

Many have problems with HDMI, hence why I don't recommend people buying monitor with just HDMI, but rather one with either DVI or/and DisplayPort with it. Plus, doing this also open room in connecting a tablet or a laptop to it, or even a game console one day. So, it only opens you doors.

Of course, I fully understand, when one doesn't have much choice due to budget constraints.