Looking for an amp/dac

sotiris.bos

I am sick of Windows 10 limiting the volume on my headphones. I am sick of my mobo's worn out 3.5mm jack. I have a pair of DT 770 250 Ohm headphones and I want to use them to their max. I want a USB amp/dac, I would like to be able to use it with my smartphone (HTC M8) but that is not that big of a necessity. I don't want anything crazy expensive (sub 150 euros) and I don't want to buy used. It has to be available in Europe!! Help!!!

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

7 minutes ago, sotiris.bos said:

I am sick of Windows 10 limiting the volume on my headphones. I am sick of my mobo's worn out 3.5mm jack. I have a pair of DT 770 250 Ohm headphones and I want to use them to their max. I want a USB amp/dac, I would like to be able to use it with my smartphone (HTC M8) but that is not that big of a necessity. I don't want anything crazy expensive (sub 150 euros) and I don't want to buy used. It has to be available in Europe!! Help!!!

Get a Micca OriGen. It will blow you away.

6 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Get a Micca OriGen. It will blow you away.

Will it be able to handle 250 Ohms? The standard recommendations seem to be the O2 amp/dac and the FiiO E17

Edit: The specs say up to 600 Ohms so no worries about my question.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

5 minutes ago, sotiris.bos said:

Will it be able to handle 250 Ohms? The standard recommendations seem to be the O2 amp/dac and the FiiO E17

Ohm does not equal to how hard they are to drive. 32 ohm headphones can be harder to driver than 600 ohm headphones.

I have some more recommendations in here.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

21 minutes ago, sotiris.bos said:

"Up to X ohms" specs mean literally nothing. The O2 and ODAC are kind of passe at this point, and overpriced. The Micca Origen is a fine recommendation, as is the Fiio E10k.