Which color scheme?

ramm

Hello, I recently got a new case (Coolermaster Mastercase 5 with window) and I would like to upgrade my hardware soon. I'm only gonna take the GPU (Asus GTX 780) and the PSU (Seasonic M12EVOII620w) with me along with maybe an optical drive. So new Motherboard, Ram and Processor and probably some fans and cooling (maybe even custom watercooling in the future). Something i'm not sure of yet is what color scheme I would like for. I've always wanted a "modded" case with a window and I finally have one since a week, so yeah it's time to make my childhoods dream a reality. Lol i'm 25 and wanted a 'custom' case ever since I was 13 or so but never actually did it, better late than never I guess.

The thing is, I kinda want to be original and I want to pick good parts. They need to perform well, have a nice price and yes be compatible with the colorscheme I want. The thing is I don't know which color scheme I want. Many hardware has a red/black scheme these days (including my current GPU), so it would be easiest to just go along with that. But the thing is, I think red/black is like the most used color scheme for "PC mods" but that's not the biggest point the biggest point is I like orange a whole lot lot too. I love the color orange. But there aren't many orange parts, and I dont feel like buying an expensive motherboard that for the sole purpose of it being an orange one. And painting is somehting I dont wanna start. So i'm wondering, would orange lightning look good on red/black hardware? How do you "color" a case really? I figure slapping 3 orange fans in it wouldn't do the trick. I already ordered 2 cheap 10cm led strips from some chinese webshop for 2 bucks a piece, one red one white, but they don't have orange so I can't test that.

So long story short: Should I go for red or orange? And how do I archieve the best lightning?

Thanks for helping a noob out

4 minutes ago, ramm said:

Hello, I recently got a new case (Coolermaster Mastercase 5 with window) and I would like to upgrade my hardware soon. I'm only gonna take the GPU (Asus GTX 780) and the PSU (Seasonic M12EVOII620w) with me along with maybe an optical drive. So new Motherboard, Ram and Processor and probably some fans and cooling (maybe even custom watercooling in the future). Something i'm not sure of yet is what color scheme I would like for. I've always wanted a "modded" case with a window and I finally have one since a week, so yeah it's time to make my childhoods dream a reality. Lol i'm 25 and wanted a 'custom' case ever since I was 13 or so but never actually did it, better late than never I guess.

The thing is, I kinda want to be original and I want to pick good parts. They need to perform well, have a nice price and yes be compatible with the colorscheme I want. The thing is I don't know which color scheme I want. Many hardware has a red/black scheme these days (including my current GPU), so it would be easiest to just go along with that. But the thing is, I think red/black is like the most used color scheme for "PC mods" but that's not the biggest point the biggest point is I like orange a whole lot lot too. I love the color orange. But there aren't many orange parts, and I dont feel like buying an expensive motherboard that for the sole purpose of it being an orange one. And painting is somehting I dont wanna start. So i'm wondering, would orange lightning look good on red/black hardware? How do you "color" a case really? I figure slapping 3 orange fans in it wouldn't do the trick. I already ordered 2 cheap 10cm led strips from some chinese webshop for 2 bucks a piece, one red one white, but they don't have orange so I can't test that.

So long story short: Should I go for red or orange? And how do I archieve the best lightning?

Thanks for helping a noob out

Grayscale and orange or red would look very nice!

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Pink and gold!

Stay fabulous!!! 

Seriously....

But i guess if you're going to be boring and limit it, gray-scale and orange... :/

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

3 minutes ago, derick90 said:

Pink and gold!

Stay fabulous!!! 

Seriously....

But i guess if you're going to be boring and limit it, gray-scale and orange... :/

lol yeah those arent my colors, i prefer red or orange but i dont know which is easier/cheaper to do or which i should do

5 minutes ago, ramm said:

lol yeah those arent my colors, i prefer red or orange but i dont know which is easier/cheaper to do or which i should do

ef7b0bc0beb7dbe92b95e53d695f786a.jpg

How can you say no to that!?!?!?

Rofl.... Okay I'm done...

But i think grey and orange would be easier/cheaper, there are more gray-ish components on the market, and orange is fairly common as well... 

Or you could do the risky thing, buy whatever components you want and mod them along with the case ~.^

**Edit i should also mention im colorblind to red/orange, they all look the same so my advice is null. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Should I get orange or red sleeved cables? I'm also wondering, many sleeved cable extensions are 30cm or even 45cm.. aren't I gonna keep a whole lot of cable like this? I can only find extensions and not replacements here at a local webshop (since its the cheapest option for me), but I feel like having a 45cm 24pin extension is gonna take up a lot of room

Orange turned out well with my Grey motherboard on my recent mod

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

9 hours ago, SpaceTurtle917 said:

Orange turned out well with my Grey motherboard on my recent mod

yeah im honestly thinking to go for the orange cables at least. Red cables are way too common. And orange cables would still look good on other color parts I guess? Even if it's red. Or even blue for that matter.

Now I just need to figure out if i'm going for the extension cables or the full replacement cables.

Extension cables are cheaper, have better compatibility but the cables going into the PSU are still black and ugly and it also leaves you with way too much useless cable length you need to hide in the back of the case and there are some stories of it not being able to give enough juice for your system.

However Replacement cables are way more expensive and can only be used by the same brand PSU.

Such a hard decision