Which and how many fans for Corsair H115i?

Hey guys,

I´m currently planing my future upgrades and changes that I will make to my system.

I dicided to get a Corsair 780T in white with a Corsair H115i CPU cooler as a top mounted radiator.

Now to my questions:

Since I know that the included fans aren't really quiet or efficient I looked up the most recommended fan plus one from my research.

Nocuta NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000rpm PWM or the EK Furious Varder FF4-140 2500rpm PWM which one would be better?

Also would be two enough to push air out the case or would four as a push-pull configuration work better?

Thanks already :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

1 minute ago, blu4 said:

Do pull only, P/P is a waste of money and it's louder. I'd use the Vardar fans as they are quieter than the Noctua industrial ones.

Alright thanks a lot! ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

I'm P/P on an H100 and the temps went down like 1-2 C and all I really got was louder, but my headphones help with that.

I only went P/P because Amazon screwed up when they shipped my fans. I bought 1 Twin Pack of SP120's. My box had 2, Amazon said keep them for being honest. I might switch them out for SP120 Quiet Editions though. I think these are performance editions and they make noise.

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

I'm P/P on an H100 and the temps went down like 1-2 C and all I really got was louder, but my headphones help with that.

I only went P/P because Amazon screwed up when they shipped my fans. I bought 1 Twin Pack of SP120's. My box had 2, Amazon said keep them for being honest. I might switch them out for SP120 Quiet Editions though. I think these are performance editions and they make noise.

So you wouldn´t recommend doing P/P? I mean 1-2°C isn´t worth the 40€ two fans would cost me...

10 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I might switch them out for SP120 Quiet Editions though. I think these are performance editions and they make noise.

I own a H100i and used it with the stock fans (SP120 Performance ones) and recently switched to the SP120 Quiet Edidtions.
MAN it's better, although they are not the most silent fans it's still soooo much better than the stock fans.

I really recommend swapping the stock fans with something more quiet.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

2 minutes ago, Ivyk said:

I own a H100i and used it with the stock fans (SP120 Performance ones) and recently switched to the SP120 Quiet Edidtions.
MAN it's better, although they are not the most silent fans it's still soooo much better than the stock fans.

Thanks for your advice :) I know it from my current H80i GT with stock fans xD

That's ultimately up to you. It's your money.

I have a 6700k at 5.0ghz at 1.36 voltage.  It didn't help me much either. I went P/P because of the free fans. Plus I did it because everyone said it was impossible to do P/P in a CM Mastercase Pro 5. Sure one fan's ring is touching some piece of plastic. 

I idle at about 28 C in a ambient temp room of 19.4 room. My max temps I've ever seen is 52. When I'm gaming. My 2 GPU's are both exhausting into the case, which the fans on the radiator probably suck up.  I have 3 AF140's in the front, 1 AF140 in the back, and 4 SP120's on the rad up top. 

It's your call, because you are spending the money. For the 1-2 degrees I got, I wouldn't recommend it. 

If it was a bigger difference I'd say yeah go for it.  

Could always try, if you have extra fans that fit your rad laying around. 

2 minutes ago, Ivyk said:

Yea my stock fans, one made noise and another didn't  work. I needed something to cool the rad. I ended up with the PE S120's and the sound is a little louder. I can't hear my AF140's. There's 4 AF140's and 4 SP120s in my case.

The 140s are quiet and the 120s arent. I might switch them. It's getting old hearing fan whine.

4 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

That's ultimately up to you. It's your money.

I have a 6700k at 5.0ghz at 1.36 voltage.  It didn't help me much either. I went P/P because of the free fans. Plus I did it because everyone said it was impossible to do P/P in a CM Mastercase Pro 5. Sure one fan's ring is touching some piece of plastic. 

I idle at about 28 C in a ambient temp room of 19.4 room. My max temps I've ever seen is 52. When I'm gaming. My 2 GPU's are both exhausting into the case, which the fans on the radiator probably suck up.  I have 3 AF140's in the front, 1 AF140 in the back, and 4 SP120's on the rad up top. 

It's your call, because you are spending the money. For the 1-2 degrees I got, I wouldn't recommend it. 

If it was a bigger difference I'd say yeah go for it.  

Could always try, if you have extra fans that fit your rad laying around. 

I get up to 77°C benching and stress testing my 6700k at 4,6Ghz at 1,35v with an H80i GT in performance mode which is like a damn hurricane next to you once it heats up xD

Thats why I want to change to a way stronger cooler and a case with better air flow. But also a bit more sensible noise, thats why I will get other fans right away since I like to play singleplayer games with a 5.1 sound system

Get some NoiseBlocker nb-eLoop b14-ps fans. These are a perfect match for your case. Believe me, I have the same case and they looked awesome on my H110 GT

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

I just watched the video myself Luke's conclusion was it doesnt matter that much. 

If you want P/P for the bling or whatever, go ahead, but like me it'll only affect it a little. 

When I stress tested mine, I was working that day. So I started it, went to work. Came home and it was still there. I got to a toasty 81 but it was stable. 

Ran Asus Realbench for 12 hours.  Aida 64 for 12 more. No issues. It was my first OC I followed linus's 6700k OC video. Just kept making small changes until it got there. I was surprised it got to 5ghz. 

I have H115i with 2x Corsair AF140 (i wouldn't recommened AF for radiator)

Anyway my i5 6600k 3.5GHz temp is min: 30C and max 50-65C (depends on my room temp and these are the only 2 fans running in my H440 Chassi) Go with SP version, the only problem with Corsair SP 140mm it has LED and the blades color are blank.

7 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

Get some NoiseBlocker nb-eLoop b14-ps fans. These are a perfect match for your case. Believe me, I have the same case and they looked awesome on my H110 GT

Oh they look awsome, I might think about them as well :)

6 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I just watched the video myself Luke's conclusion was it doesnt matter that much. 

If you want P/P for the bling or whatever, go ahead, but like me it'll only affect it a little. 

Yeah, seems like it. So for the sake of money in the first place I will stay with 2, maybe add another 2 later down the line.

3 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

When I stress tested mine, I was working that day. So I started it, went to work. Came home and it was still there. I got to a toasty 81 but it was stable. 

Ran Asus Realbench for 12 hours.  Aida 64 for 12 more. No issues. It was my first OC I followed linus's 6700k OC video. Just kept making small changes until it got there. I was surprised it got to 5ghz. 

5ghz is really impressive ;) From looking into the wide interwebs it seems like most Skylake CPU´s (mostly retail ones) have a high thermal output when oc´ed. Only some review samples kept very cool (60-ish area). I´m fine with that but not with the noise anymore, which I completly forgot building my current system :( So I bought a case which is to short (24 pin mobo power touches the Blu Ray drive xD ) and a loud cooler that isn't worth it´s money which now all needs to be corrected :)

2 minutes ago, MentalBlank said:

I have H115i with 2x Corsair AF140 (i wouldn't recommened AF for radiator, BUY SP)

Anyway my i5 6600k 3.5GHz temp is min: 30C and max 50-65C (depends on my room temp and these are the only 2 fans running in my H440 Chassi) Go with SP version, the only problem with 140mm SP it has LED and the blades color are blank. Also what i leanered from the fans i bought (AF quite edition), you can't controll the fan speed since it has 3 pin but it wont matter if you getting the quite edition since they run 1080RPM max which is really quite. But if you getting high peformance fans 2000-3000RPM then you might look for 4pin (PWM) so you can controll them with Corsair link.

Yeah, 4-pin PWM are a go to with any Corsair AiO since like you said the fan curve can be changed the way you want it :)

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

Hope I could help some way. Now you've got more money for other parts. 

Yes, you helped me alot, thanks for your advice and tips :)