FPS massively drop while recording.

So i try to record 1080p 60fps. I tried many software... OBS,Dx,Fraps, Bandicam, etc.
Yet all of them gives me a huge FPS cut. Like rly huge one. Lets say i try to record R6S or Dying Light. And i have 100ish fps. It cuts down to the 70. If i have like ~85fps. It cuts down below 60s so into the 50ish area. And sometimes i have lag spikes droppin to the 20s...
I record to another hard drive. Not into the one that have OS and game...
Dunno what could rly be the issue.
Specs:
FX 8320@4.5Ghz
R9 390
24gb 1333 DDR3

The HDD that i record into a slow and quite old hard drive compared to my main one. The write speed is like 60mb/s which is reaaaally slow. But i'm a 100% sure it should be enough. Cuz the recording is not a large file... Its like 100mb/1min. So its nothing that it couldnt handle ...
But i also tried t orecord into the main hard drive which is a WD 1TB HDD that have around 160mb/s write speed. Yet same results... Any idea? Tried to tweak settings as much as i could.
Tried x264 codec also...

3 minutes ago, Metaton said:

So i try to record 1080p 60fps. I tried many software... OBS,Dx,Fraps, Bandicam, etc.
Yet all of them gives me a huge FPS cut. Like rly huge one. Lets say i try to record R6S or Dying Light. And i have 100ish fps. It cuts down to the 70. If i have like ~85fps. It cuts down below 60s so into the 50ish area. And sometimes i have lag spikes droppin to the 20s...
Specs:
FX 8320@4.5Ghz
R9 390
24gb 1333 DDR3

The HDD that i record into a slow and quite old hard drive compared to my main one. The write speed is like 60mb/s which is reaaaally slow. But i'm a 100% sure it should be enough. Cuz the recording is not a large file... Its like 100mb/1min. So its nothing that it couldnt handle ...
But i also tried t orecord into the main hard drive which is a WD 1TB HDD that have around 160mb/s write speed. Yet same results... Any idea? Tried to tweak settings as much as i could.
Tried x264 codec also...

When your recording have you tried looking at task manager to check if your cpu or disk is maxing out?

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

That's pretty common afaik. Try recording in 30 fps, if it's for youtube it'll look fine.

Woo!

Honestly man, I would get a capture card... It will put less stress on your hardware, and allow you to capture 60FPS all you want, provided you have room for one... and if you wanna record for YouTube 29.97 FPS worked well for me

This is one of the reasons I went with the Nvidia cards. Shadowplay. Zero hit to the performance in any game.

Whenever I used my 7850 for games I took a hit... granted I don't recall 20 fps less... which seems excessive but I had a certain loss to games. Doesn't AMD have their own "shadowplay" type software now? Gaming Evolved software suite or something?

Your game should not lag unless something is really dragging the system. Just capping a game doeen't affect most systems unless they are taxed. Check CPU usage before/during capping, see what is going on.

30FPS is just fine and will boost your FPS in your games. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

34 minutes ago, Metaton said:

Specs:
FX 8320@4.5Ghz
R9 390
24gb 1333 DDR3

Tried x264 codec also...

I'll echo the proposal of switching to 30fps recording.

A CPU upgrade will serve you well too. Any 8 thread Intel from Haswell on (and at least 3GHz) will be a massive upgrade, a Xeon E3 1231v3 can be had for $230

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Thx for the reply. I constantly monitor everything while ingame. Cpu usage around 75%ish area while recording. And 50-60ish without recording. And i did try to see if the HDD being used too much . But it isnt. Also i heard that there's some kinda AMD x264 for AMD cards that is diff. But i dont know why i dont have it.... I think this all comes to some kind of a GPU issue here or i'm not sure... Will try it with SSD soon the . But i rly dont know. And about the 30FPS. I did try that. And personally i HATE 30fps... And well it doesnt rly makes a diff. Like 5-10fps or so.

Pretty sure AMD has their own recording software optimized for their cards... Am I wrong?

2 hours ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Pretty sure AMD has their own recording software optimized for their cards... Am I wrong?

Weell not rly. I mean you're not wrong. They have Raptr. Plus AMD cards have VCE. But for me using both of them was a failure... In fact for me in Bandicam i dont even see the "AMD APP H.264 encoder" ... And i bought Bandicam lel... I tried OBS with VCE. Fail. In fact OBS was the worst for me. It basically cuts my FPS in half. I tried DXtory with their bottleneck feature to see whats going on... And no matter what i did it aways shows that wther "Encoding" or "GPU" is the problem... lol. Even if i go as down as 720p 30fps plus ingame every settings at lowest... I dont have high CPU usage. Its around max 50-60% on all cores. And the recording is not a huge file its not even put any huge load on my sec HDD. What its like 1-5mb/s ... Even if that HDD is a max 60mb/s HDD its nothing for it lol. And i also tried it on my main HDD which is way faster. And nop. Same results. Btw Dxtory also almost cuts my fps in half. Bit better then OBS but still massive cut. From like ~120. Down to the 70s.

As other people have said, you should probably invest in Nvidia as your next card. I personally don't see a different in frame rate when recording at 1080p 60fps, with the shadow play software.