NEED help with ram

Go to solution Solved by Wiflare,

Have you tried every single stick in every different slot? Only individually.

so i am not a techy at all so i found this website hopefully im posting in the right spot. but anyways i built a computer without any knowledge it worked and im happy with what i did but one problem i can not solve or figure out is that i have 4 pieces od ddr4 ram and only 3 will work if i put the 4th in/ all of them then my computer starts up and does nothin. now the story when i built the computer i started with one stick as it  would turn on and off in a loop so one stick worked then after getting setup i add one more a total of 2 everything worked so i added again a 3rd and the computer turned on and stayed on so i gave up quickly and used only 2 ram sticks 8gb in total.one day i updated bios and put it the third stick it worked so i got one more to put in. but when i do the computer turns on and does nothin it does show a bois number but I read it and its just saying reserved i tried switching the sticks thinking it could be broken and it worked then i tried this. idk how to say it but u know how there is 4 slots to put ram i had it as 123 filled up so I switched it to 124 and it worked so I am out of ideas i googled this problem and found no answers. if u need more information to help me just ask and ill try my best to figure it out. thank you.

Woo!

10 minutes ago, redamicle said:

so i am not a techy at all so i found this website hopefully im posting in the right spot. but anyways i built a computer without any knowledge it worked and im happy with what i did but one problem i can not solve or figure out is that i have 4 pieces od ddr4 ram and only 3 will work if i put the 4th in/ all of them then my computer starts up and does nothin. now the story when i built the computer i started with one stick as it  would turn on and off in a loop so one stick worked then after getting setup i add one more a total of 2 everything worked so i added again a 3rd and the computer turned on and stayed on so i gave up quickly and used only 2 ram sticks 8gb in total.one day i updated bios and put it the third stick it worked so i got one more to put in. but when i do the computer turns on and does nothin it does show a bois number but I read it and its just saying reserved i tried switching the sticks thinking it could be broken and it worked then i tried this. idk how to say it but u know how there is 4 slots to put ram i had it as 123 filled up so I switched it to 124 and it worked so I am out of ideas i googled this problem and found no answers. if u need more information to help me just ask and ill try my best to figure it out. thank you.

Are all the sticks the same? Unless you buy them all in 1 kit together, there is never a promise that they will work together. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

25 minutes ago, Wiflare said:

ok well i guess your right one stick does not work in all slots i feel stupid i never figured that out :P. i got one quick last question so i bought these all in one kit all 4 sticks if one is broken can u return it and get all new back or do i gotta buy a new kit or somthin.

1 minute ago, redamicle said:

ok well i guess your right one stick does not work in all slots i feel stupid i never figured that out :P. i got one quick last question so i bought these all in one kit all 4 sticks if one is broken can u return it and get all new back or do i gotta buy a new kit or somthin.

You can return it to the factory usually if your warranty is still eligible. What kind do you have, and how long ago did you purchase them?

Woo!

2 minutes ago, redamicle said:

Depending on the manufacture, almost all offer a lifetime warranty. You can submit an RMA claim with them, but the turn of that is they will likely require the full kit to be sent to them to replace. That is questions you will need to ask them when you start the RMA process. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Wiflare said:

You can return it to the factory usually if your warranty is still eligible. What kind do you have, and how long ago did you purchase them?

i have ADATA Xpg z1 16gb 4x4gb ddr4. thats the name on the receipt. and i had it for a month and a week 

3 minutes ago, redamicle said:

i have ADATA Xpg z1 16gb 4x4gb ddr4. thats the name on the receipt. and i had it for a month and a week 

that has a lifetime warranty on parts and labor.

Support Phone: 1-626-839-1988

Support Email: support@adatausa.com

go ahead and ask them questions about an RMA, don't worry about the retailer, it's past the 30 day window.

Woo!

1 minute ago, redamicle said:

ok thanks very much guys i actually would have never solved this without ya :D

No problem, and welcome to the forum!

Woo!