Another Spam from Microsoft

Another Spam from Microsoft:

http://universalinstaller.azurewebsites.net/?loc=US

This is what pops up when I open Internet Explorer on a fresh install of Windows 7.

A kind message to Microsoft : "Dear Microsoft, you are forcing us to stop believing you and turn to Apple..."

Why would you be opening Internet Explorer, and on a brand new install no less?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why would you be opening Internet Explorer, and on a brand new install no less?

To install chrome/firefox/opera?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

1 minute ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I wouldn't risk it.  Bring over the installer from another computer

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Opened for downloading latest version of firefox, but once I saw the popup, i thought it was worth sharing and discussing on.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I wouldn't risk it.  Bring over the installer from another computer

Eh, I haven't built anything with a clean install other than Linux, so I can't pass any judgement.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Well, they just want you to be safe by making sure you have an anti virus.

While YOU know better, grandma doesn't and without something like this, she wouldn't ever bother getting an anti virus, no matter how bad it was.

So while you think it's spam, it's still useful for the mainstream who have no idea how to use a computer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Well, they just want you to be safe by making sure you have an anti virus.

While YOU know better, grandma doesn't and without something like this, she wouldn't ever bother getting an anti virus, no matter how bad it was.

So while you think it's spam, it's still useful for the mainstream who have no idea how to use a computer.

But after dismissing, it still shows up again and again. And i already have installed Norton 360, but this $#!T won't go away.

2 minutes ago, hc10 said:

But after dismissing, it still shows up again and again. And i already have installed Norton 360, but this $#!T won't go away.

Is it the home page of Internet Explorer?

Because one of the options of it "Set MSN as the Default Home Page", would get rid of that homepage, so you wouldn't see it again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Is it the home page of Internet Explorer?

Because one of the options of it "Set MSN as the Default Home Page", would get rid of that homepage, so you wouldn't see it again.

My homepage is set to Google

Cuz they want to promote the Windows 10 to get more information from the people that they spy on.

Spam evaluation is an ongoing process that applies regardless of the originating language or character set. Because a spam message can be vague or even lack text in the subject or message body, the spam team relies on other message characteristics to perform filtering. This means that after the spam team flags a given message as spam and makes the necessary changes to its rule base, that message will be blocked in the future until its characteristics have been modified enough to avoid our filters. New spam rules are deployed continuously. Time frames for rules on individual submissions vary depending on the quantity and quality of submissions. Because new spam rules are set globally for all customers, not all individual spam submissions will result in a new spam rule.