$1400 first build GPU help

So I'm going to build a PC for gaming and some heavy editing/rendering, and I've come up with the parts here:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4ttxr7

It's EXACTLY on the line of my budget, meaning I can't add any more.

But there's one problem:

The 980 is already a generation old. When I look at the 1070, its $450 for custom versions. There is hope for me though, because the rx480 is coming in 7 days, and if the leaked benchmarks are to be believed, the 480 is better than the 980 and its $120 LESS. So unless the 1070 releases for the actual MSRP given by nvidia, I can't afford it. The rx480 however, would save me a TON of money that I can maybe put into an SSD or games. So I need your help. I can also crossfire the 480 later on and ill supposedly beat (if AMD is to be trusted) the 1080. I only have until mid July to order my parts, and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance! :)

This looks like something I would build straight out of 2/3 years ago! Ill help you out, just give me a minute and come up with something

Why don't you take i7 6700k? Sure it would cost a bit more, but DDR4 rams are cheaper and better.

I think for sme price you can get build for i7 6700k, and it will perform better.

As it goes for GPU ... I wouldn't buy GTX 980 ... better option would be gtx 1070 for sure.

But it's 1080p monitor so even GTX 980 can handle that I guess.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Why don't you take i7 6700k? Sure it would cost a bit more, but DDR4 rams are cheaper and better.

I think for sme price you can get build for i7 6700k, and it will perform better.

As it goes for GPU ... I wouldn't buy GTX 980 ... better option would be gtx 1070 for sure.

But it's 1080p monitor so even GTX 980 can handle that I guess.

The 1070 is better but thats where the problem comes in, its way way way too expensive. I'll look into the 6700k though.

1 minute ago, Syros119 said:

The 1070 is better but thats where the problem comes in, its way way way too expensive. I'll look into the 6700k though.

Well as I said ... GTX 980 will still max pretty much everything at 1080p with 60fps.

So unless you will be upgrading to 1440p or 4K, it will be fine.

But if you are going for 1440p, you need 1x GTX 1070, while for 4K you would need 2x GTX 1080. So I think you won't be upgrading your monitor anytime soon xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 minutes ago, molude said:

I'm looking forward to the RX 480 launch, but all of the benchmarks are speculations at this very moment. If you aren't in a hurry, wait for it to be released and dediced then.

Yea it comes out june 29th and im buying parts 2 weeks into july, but whats your opinion on buying the 980 right now?

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

Well as I said ... GTX 980 will still max pretty much everything at 1080p with 60fps.

So unless you will be upgrading to 1440p or 4K, it will be fine.

But if you are going for 1440p, you need 1x GTX 1070, while for 4K you would need 2x GTX 1080. So I think you won't be upgrading your monitor anytime soon xD 

Yea it's mostly just 1080p but for some games I might downsample from 1440p. I'll have to see if the rx480 can handle waht the 980 can i guess.

2 minutes ago, Syros119 said:

Yea it comes out june 29th and im buying parts 2 weeks into july, but whats your opinion on buying the 980 right now?

Seems pointless, might as well get the 1070 if you are going to buy a 980.

1 minute ago, DPerry918 said:

Seems pointless, might as well get the 1070 if you are going to buy a 980.

Yea but its like $100 more. Can't afford it.

2 minutes ago, Syros119 said:

Yea it's mostly just 1080p but for some games I might downsample from 1440p. I'll have to see if the rx480 can handle waht the 980 can i guess.

Just buy everything except GPU.

Wait for GPU prices to drop, and for new GPUs to be released.

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, molude said:

Especially if you're going to play in 1080, a 980 would be quite overkill.

Hmmmm not necessarily, games like witcher 3 get a barely stable 60fps on ultra with HW off.

Just buy everything except GPU.

Wait for GPU prices to drop, and for new GPUs to be released.

Yea thats a good idea.

1 minute ago, molude said:

Well, TW3 is one of a kind, most games are not that demanding.

You're right but more games are going to be like that soon and I cant upgrade for like a year or more.

5 minutes ago, Syros119 said:

You're right but more games are going to be like that soon and I cant upgrade for like a year or more.

So take my advice. Buy everything except GPU, save some money and buy better GPU when you can afford it.

GTX 1070 prices should drop to like 400$ in US in next month or two.

WD My Cloud 4TB

So take my advice. Buy everything except GPU, save some money and buy better GPU when you can afford it.

GTX 1070 prices should drop to like 400$ in US in next month or two.

Yea I guess ill do this. Thanks man.

6 minutes ago, Syros119 said:

Yea thats a good idea.

Heres a little build I just came up with. Im a Asus/Corsair lover so I included alot of their parts. This gives you the option to upgrade for the future and also is a build for today and not 2 years ago :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dJD3Fd

Also include a RX480 in that build at $230 dollars and go buy your operating system from https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/ at $30 dollars for windows 10

1 minute ago, DPerry918 said:

Heres a little build I just came up with. Im a Asus/Corsair lover so I included alot of their parts. This gives you the option to upgrade for the future and also is a build for today and not 2 years ago :)

Also include a RX480 in that build at $230 dollars and go buy your operating system from https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/ at $30 dollars for windows 10

Or wait just a bit and buy the 1070 after you save back just a little bitmore

4 minutes ago, DPerry918 said:

Or wait just a bit and buy the 1070 after you save back just a little bitmore

4 minutes ago, DPerry918 said:

Yea and if I add a GPU and peripherals (keyboard and headset) and the $30 win 10, it goes way over $1400.

2 minutes ago, DPerry918 said:

This gives you better RAM, better CPU, a solid state, better motherboard, and a better GPU

Thanks man this build is really nice. A couple tweaks and i'll be set.

1 minute ago, Syros119 said:

Yeah I mean change the Case or whatever as you wish, this Case is supposed to be very solid and easy to cable manage for the price from what Ive read. 

4 minutes ago, Syros119 said:

I also screwed up the Turtle Beach price so you have another 25 bucks extra to play with 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dRxr7h