Help me decide monitor and some question

Alerion
Go to solution Solved by DrM,

neither really fit your use case. unless you are a hardcore fps player, you wont see much benefit from faster response time over ips panels, especially in video/photo editing. if you are open to suggestions, this would be much better https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148NNKTC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

upgrading to 1080p is a good idea, since its the standard these days. adaptors should work, though they might be finnicky. you could always plug the monitor into the mobo (if you dont game on it) and if it doesnt work out, get an adaptor later.

So, i've been planning to upgrade my gpu and monitor. Currently i have 18 inch Benq V920P and it's 786p which is not good since there's barely any workspace for premiere. I want to add a 1080p monitor as my main monitor and the V920P as the secondary. I'll buy rx 470 and a new monitor. The monitor will be either 21.5 inch Benq Rl2240he (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2469319,00.asp) or 24 inch Benq Gl2460hm (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2471328,00.asp). I plan to do some light premiere pro and after effect editing (hobby not job) and gaming (not hardcore)

So my question is

• Which benq you prefer me to buy?
  • Is my decision to add another different res monitor is a good idea?
  • Do you have another option with the same or lower price?
  • Is it better for me to plug the 768p monitor to my motherboard instead of rx 470? Because V920P doesn't have hdmi and dp since rx 470 will only have dp and hdmi and i don't want to buy an adapter ;
  • and will it affect my performance?
  • Do hdmi or dp to vga actually work? I've heard that they don't but there's one on sale on my local online shop
  • Or is it better for me to sell my 768p monitor and keep the money for other thing?

Thanks in advance!

neither really fit your use case. unless you are a hardcore fps player, you wont see much benefit from faster response time over ips panels, especially in video/photo editing. if you are open to suggestions, this would be much better https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148NNKTC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

upgrading to 1080p is a good idea, since its the standard these days. adaptors should work, though they might be finnicky. you could always plug the monitor into the mobo (if you dont game on it) and if it doesnt work out, get an adaptor later.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

You shouldn't buy a BenQ, in my opinion. BenQ's products are (primarily) ment for gamers, that means that the display quality is less important. They focus on what can get you the best performance, meaning a fast response time, high refresh rate, etc. At least that is what I have read from reviews. I don't actually own one.

I ain't much of an expert on monitors, so I can't really suggest anything...

9 minutes ago, DrM said:

Sadly there's no one selling it in my local olshop, and international shipping,,, i kinda prefer not to. I don't know, i never use international thing like amazon

5 minutes ago, SadSmileyFace said:

You shouldn't buy a BenQ, in my opinion. BenQ's products are (primarily) ment for gamers, that means that the display quality is less important. They focus on what can get you the best performance, meaning a fast response time, high refresh rate, etc. At least that is what I have read from reviews. I don't actually own one.

I ain't much of an expert on monitors, so I can't really suggest anything...

Any suggestion? Thanks btw

1 minute ago, Alerion said:

Sadly there's no one selling it in my local olshop, and international shipping,,, i kinda prefer not to. I don't know, i never use international thing like amazon

sorry didnt realize you arent in the us. the most important thing to look for really is an ips panel

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

1 minute ago, DrM said:

sorry didnt realize you arent in the us. the most important thing to look for really is an ips panel

it's okay, but the benq above is not bad right?

2 minutes ago, Alerion said:

it's okay, but the benq above is not bad right?

its not bad, but also not really good for your use case. the tn panels dont have very accurate or vibrant colors

5 minutes ago, Alerion said:

Any suggestion? Thanks btw

So, like I said I ain't much of an expert. But I found the: Iiyama ProLite E2483HS-B1

It has some great reviews. It is in about your price range (at least were I live)

2 minutes ago, DrM said:

its not bad, but also not really good for your use case. the tn panels dont have very accurate or vibrant colors

Okay thanks, ill do some research again.

1 minute ago, SadSmileyFace said:

So, like I said I ain't much of an expert. But I found the:Iiyama ProLite  E2483HS-B1

It has some great reviews. It is in about your price range (at least were I live)

Added to my list, thanks!

If you do photo or movie editing, stay away from TN panel.

If you game, TN is fine and you can get 144hz.

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell