Corsair Strafe RGB inputs random keys rapidly then stops working.

barkloaf

Ugh.

About an hour ago, I was on my computer watching YouTube. Then suddenly, random buttons are seemingly being pressed rapidly. At first I thought that I left a profile with macros on and hit one of my macros, but after pressing all of my macro keys, I figured out that wasn't it. Then, somehow, I was able to open task manager to see if there are any malicious processes running that may or may not be sending these inputs to my computer. I couldn't find anything. I pressed my reset button, and it was still happening. I unplugged my keyboard right away. I would like to note that also, it wouldn't allow me to hot swap the keyboard, So when I unplugged it, it was like I hit the power switch. After that, everything was fine. I turned on this Logitech wireless rubber dome keyboard lying on the top of my desk hutch, and I was able to use it just fine (I'm typing on it right now). So then I realized that it was the keyboard itself. Then I plug in the keyboard again, and I didn't get the weird button thing again. But when I did plug it in, the Corsair CUE program thing popped up saying there was a new firmware available for my keyboard. I click on "update" and nothing happens. It didn't update. Then when I go in the program to update it manually, it says my firmware is up to date, and that it can't detect my keyboard. So, my keyboard doesn't work at all now. Great. I Googled this, and it looks like I'm the only person in the world who has this problem (Thanks search engines, you really serve us well!).

I'm writing this because I'm asking if there is anything I can do, and if any of you have ever had this issue with the same keyboard or a different one, let me know that too.

Also, I've had the keyboard since early to mid February, and it is in very good shape. I don't think I've done anything that could cause it to do this.

(By the way, this is the Strafe w/ Cherry MX Browns in case you were curious)

Sounds like a driver issue. Open Device Manager in Windows, do you see any exclamation marks next to anything? 

5 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Sounds like a driver issue. Open Device Manager in Windows, do you see any exclamation marks next to anything? 

Wow. I plug my keyboard back in to do this, and suddenly everything is working now without having to do this. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

Wow. I plug my keyboard back in to do this, and suddenly everything is working now without having to do this. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

I still think it's a driver issue, but ok