Fan noise help?

skullrebell

so i got noctuas since ive been told they are quiet, how do i quiet down my new fans, they presently are louder than my old ones which were fractal define r2 ones.http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3PWYJV

Its a Championship not a Belt!

6 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

so i got noctuas since ive been told they are quiet, how do i quiet down my new fans, they presently are louder than my old ones which were fractal define r2 ones.http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3PWYJV

The industrial ones if run at full speed are not quite but you can setup PWM based control in the BIOS to lower the fans speeds. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

The industrial ones if run at full speed are not quite but you can setup PWM based control in the BIOS to lower the fans speeds. 

i have no idea what you said.

3 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

i have no idea what you said.

If you want to lower the speed of the fan in turn lowering the noise you can do it within the BIOS, PWM or pulse width modulation is the control type theses fans are designed for which is a setting for controlling the fans in the BIOS.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you want to lower the speed of the fan in turn lowering the noise you can do it within the BIOS, PWM or pulse width modulation is the control type theses fans are designed for which is a setting for controlling the fans in the BIOS.

i dont think pwm is working, the fans havent changed, the fans are on a hub using a molex connector and is using 3 pins for each fan.

1 minute ago, skullrebell said:

i dont think pwm is working, the fans havent changed, the fans are on a hub using a molex connector and is using 3 pins for each fan.

How do you have them wired up are they going into a splitter, PWM hub, directly to the motherboard?

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

How do you have them wired up are they going into a splitter, PWM hub, directly to the motherboard?

the fans are wired to a hub i got from a nzxt switch 810 to a molex connector to my power supply

You messed up hard bro.

The nf-f12 is made solely for radiotor use and they are known to be the loudest 120 fan in noctuas line up. Oh did i mention their air draw is weak as fuck so they cant be used as case fans?

If uou can, return those fans asap!!!

1 minute ago, Bcat00 said:

You messed up hard bro.

The nf-f12 is made solely for radiotor use and they are known to be the loudest 120 fan in noctuas line up. Oh did i mention their air draw is weak as fuck so they cant be used as case fans?

If uou can, return those fans asap!!!

not possible the boxes are destroied, so i doubt noctua will take them back

2 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

the fans are wired to a hub i got from a nzxt switch 810 to a molex connector to my power supply

Don't use the hub as it's directly powered off 12V hook them up to the headers on then motherboard so you can individually control them using the BIOS. 

2 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

not possible the boxes are destroied, so i doubt noctua will take them back

Then you will have to suck it up and put up with the noise, but seriously, just consider it a lession and buy some other noctua models.

unless you ramp the nf-f12 to the max, you wont get much air pull with those as your case fan.

6 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Then you will have to suck it up and put up with the noise, but seriously, just consider it a lession and buy some other noctua models.

unless you ramp the nf-f12 to the max, you wont get much air pull with those as your case fan.

i plan on getting a radiator down the line, which is why i got them now, i needed new case fans, and i had the budget for them now, im going to do a cpu and dual gpu down the line after i get my 1080's also you really didnt need to be so aggressive with your answers.

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

Don't use the hub as it's directly powered off 12V hook them up to the headers on then motherboard so you can individually control them using the BIOS. 

so far i got the hub and molex cable disocnnected, does it matter, which header i plug them into or just what ever ones they fit on?

5 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

so far i got the hub and molex cable disocnnected, does it matter, which header i plug them into or just what ever ones they fit on?

As long as the headers show up as a PWM controllable ideally you can put them on any of the motherboard headers. PWM fans will work as 3 pin DC voltage control but tend to have a smaller controllable range on the low end so it can be turned down as far. 

22 minutes ago, W-L said:

As long as the headers show up as a PWM controllable ideally you can put them on any of the motherboard headers. PWM fans will work as 3 pin DC voltage control but tend to have a smaller controllable range on the low end so it can be turned down as far. 

ok just got everything wired, im working on gettting the fans screwed on now, in this case do you think i should have the air blowing out the bottom or up to the plexi?

15 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

ok just got everything wired, im working on gettting the fans screwed on now, in this case do you think i should have the air blowing out the bottom or up to the plexi?

Since you have the core P5 it's almost as open as you can get so I don't think it will be any issues but if you laying it flat down I would have it blow up following natural airflow characteristics of hot air rising. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

Since you have the core P5 it's almost as open as you can get so I don't think it will be any issues but if you laying it flat down I would have it blow up following natural airflow characteristics of hot air rising. 

awesome, so, ive gotten my pc back up and running however not sure how to set the  fan settings, so their all on i guess i'll have to play around in the bios and hope i dont break anything.