Gaming Keyboard suggestion. Razor or Corsair?

Hello, guys. The title describes the whole problem. My boyfriend plays dota :/, but it's not a problem. I still love him and even more. I want to buy him a gaming keyboard. After dozens of reviews, I can't make a choice. Razer BlackWidow Chroma as the best pick in the gaming keyboard review and Corsair Gaming K70 RGB. Can I change what keys light up depending on the application launched? If Razer, should i choose the clicky (2014) version or clicky x (2016) version? What can you say, does anybody have razer or corsair? share your experience, please or recommend any other good keyboard.

Dota2-ORPG-Banner.png

I have a K70 pre RGB and have had the LED under my "I" key die, so I pretty much leave the back lighting off now. From what I understand it was a common problem with the non RGB boards because of the controller, and the RGB controller does not suffer the same problems. I'm sure someone with a K70 RGB will be in shortly to share their experiences.

That said, I would still buy another k70 in a heartbeat. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

What keyboard does he have now?

IT'S A PRANK BRO!!!

Intel Core Duo T2300E / 1.66 GHz

512 MB DDR2 SRAM

60 GB HDD

Intel GMA 950

Corsair

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

moved to peripherals

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Also, are you familiar with the different types of mechanical switches?  Cherry MX vs other companies, and the different types of Cherry MX like Red, Blue, etc.?  That could influence your decision more than you'd think if a model you are looking at doesn't have the right kind.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

15 hours ago, WeeWill said:

What keyboard does he have now?

He has Logitech G710 now

Corsair. I have the K65 which is the slightly smaller version of the K70 with no numpad, and I love it. Comfortable, customizable, sturdy construction, media controls, etc. Only iffy part of Corsair keyboards is the software. It isnt the most user friendly program in the world, but there are plenty of tutorials out there to show him the ropes. And thankfully once you get all the colors you want setup, you rarely have to touch the software again. 

Corsair K70 RGB / Corsair Strafe RGB but decide which type of switch though.

I'd recommend MX Brown switches, you can feel the actuation and they're not too loud.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud