Help with airflow

bdub109

Spec alpha case. With panels on my gpu is reaching 80-83 with panels off its around 69. 

I have a 240 aio in the front with two fans on the outside of the case and one on the inside. Two on top and one in rear. I am considering removing the hard drive cage so I can put more fans in the front. With the cage I could only for three.image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would have to agree, back fan looks to be intake, not exhaust. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Basicly you have Nano which isn't getting cool, fresh air from anywhere. Doesn't AIO fit to top? It changes temps in few degrees to have it exhaust instead of intake and you could focus more cool airflow towards Nano. Another option would be having ghetto mounted fan pointing towards Nanos intake fan.

Changing top fans orientation doesn't make any difference to GPU temps. That air won't be anywhere near Nano as long as you have 2 top exhausts. Air inside the case moves only by fan power. So at the moment you have it like this:ltt_fan_example.png

I didn't add arrow because everyone here know which side fans are blowing to.

As for temps, 83C is still fine as max temp under normal loads. You could go up to 90C before it gets alarming. It is hotter than it should. But lets be honest, in case that big you want to have bigger GPU with more fans to collect air circulating around.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i think I have the top fans and exhaust set up wrong. I wanted the top two to bring air in the front bringing air in and the back exhausting. I think in my excitement with my cpu/mobo/case upgrades I rushed and put them backwards. I am also going to try to remove the hard drive cage as this is my main gaming rig I'll just use my 480gb Intel 535 ssd.  I'll put my hdds in my other rig that I'll use for storage and downloads. After I remove the Harddrive cage I can't then add three fans in the front. A fourth on the aio rad to complete push pull and another pair or single below that in the front. I don't mind ghetto rigging another fan inside somewhere but I don't think I'm getting enough air into the case as it is.  I also plan on putting the nano on water in the next month or two so that should really make a difference, the cpu stays nice and cool at 4.7 ghz overclock with the aio.

I have this little guy I could use below the nano standing on powersupply to possibly bring more air in through the back my removing the pcie covers or whatever the proper name for them.  I don't mind ghetto rigging for now as I'll be doing a full loop soon and probably changin case. I could also take this one back and exchange it.

image.jpg

12 hours ago, bdub109 said:

I have this little guy I could use below the nano standing on powersupply to possibly bring more air in through the back my removing the pcie covers or whatever the proper name for them.  I don't mind ghetto rigging for now as I'll be doing a full loop soon and probably changin case. I could also take this one back and exchange it.

image.jpg

That should help. Though you don't need to remove covers, they are already meshed. And you want to add some dust prevention to that place too anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv