Converting Mono to Stereo using hardware

_JohnB330ci

Hey there, so me and my dad often play our own stuff, and he is a guitarist, now where he lives he is unable to play loudly like he likes, so, I lent him my mixer to balance and mono channel into stereo so it can be used with Headphones (HYPER X Cloud (My old pair) as the guitar amp is a mono output. Now the problem is, I need my mixer back, but I don't know a way to convert the mono to stereo without it, to make it balanced.

The way everything is connect is like so:

Guitar > Pedals > Amp > Output to Headphones

Music input using aux^

Now, what is the best way to switch it to stereo for the cheapest price? I bought a mono to stereo adapter(https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003OT1D8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and then used a stereo 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter, but the sound is still forced into the left channel, does anybody know how to fix this?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

open up that adapter you got, and short out the left and right channel pins.

How would one short out the pins?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Just now, SherifsDog22 said:

How would one short out the pins?

with something conductive.

even tin foil will do :P