Are all these components compatible? I'm about to buy.

SnipeYa

So as the title says, I'm about to buy this stuff today and don't wan't to get caught out buying incompatible parts. Well here goes:

Intel i7 6850K 6 Core LGA 2011-3 3.6GHz Unlocked
ASUS X99-DELUXE II With ThunderboltEX 3 Card
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3200MHz x2
Samsung 950 Pro Series 256GB M.2 SSD

For now I will be using a GTX 750Ti for graphics until a GTX 1080 comes out with a cooler that I like. If there are any other factors to consider feel free to ask/let me know.

Thanks for the help guys, Really nervous about this purchase especially the stuff from NewEgg being overseas and stuff.

Yes. everything will work together.

If you are only going to be using 1 graphics card, you should get only a 6800k and save yourself some money. The only real difference (assuming you're going to overclock) is the number of available PCIE lanes. You could save yourself a bunch of money by purchasing the 28 lane CPU instead of the 40 lane CPU since you're not going to use more than 28 lanes anyway.

In some very rare situations, two separate kits of ram can sometimes not work together, or not work at their rated speeds together. Since you're buying identical kits at the same time, the odds of this happening to you are incredibly unlikely, but not 0%. Just something to keep in mind.

Those 2 things aside, looks like a heck of a computer. enjoy =)

6 minutes ago, cayphed said:

You'll need to run a BIOS update to support the CPU, but otherwise it'll be fine.

This is the X99 Deluxe II, I believe the second generation X99 boards like this are designed to be Broadwell-E compatible at launch. they were re-designed with these new CPU's in mind.

Don't ask me why its not on their website yet... I don't work for Asus.

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Yes. everything will work together.

If you are only going to be using 1 graphics card, you should get only a 6800k and save yourself some money. The only real difference (assuming you're going to overclock) is the number of available PCIE lanes. You could save yourself a bunch of money by purchasing the 28 lane CPU instead of the 40 lane CPU since you're not going to use more than 28 lanes anyway.

In some very rare situations, two separate kits of ram can sometimes not work together, or not work at their rated speeds together. Since you're buying identical kits at the same time, the odds of this happening to you are incredibly unlikely, but not 0%. Just something to keep in mind.

Those 2 things aside, looks like a heck of a computer. enjoy =)

I'm going to be running 2 cards, along with the thunderbolt card and m.2 ssd in the PCIe mount rather than the one on the board that has it poking out. and I don't really want to OC thats why I went with the 6850K.

I thought that might be an issue with the ram, but I can't find any 8 slot kits...

2 minutes ago, cayphed said:

You'll need to run a BIOS update to support the CPU, but otherwise it'll be fine.

https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/HelpDesk_CPU/

It's the Deluxe 2, Brought out when the HEDT cpus were released. I was under the impression that they would work together without a bios update?

Are you REALLY sure you need a X99 motherboard and LGA 2011 CPU? For gaming those 6 core or 8 core LGA 2011 CPU make absolutely NO difference (in fact the performance is often worse because of the lower clock speed per core) 

Unless money is really of no concern to you, I would get an i7 6700k, and consequently a cheaper Z97 motherboard and then spend the money you saved on things that will actually improve your user experience more in a tangible way, such as a good pair of speakers/headphones or a high-res IPS monitor. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

8 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

It's the Deluxe 2, Brought out when the HEDT cpus were released. I was under the impression that they would work together without a bios update?

Nope, needs an update (depending on how long it's been sitting at supplier)

9 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

This is the X99 Deluxe II, I believe the second generation X99 boards like this are designed to be Broadwell-E compatible at launch. they were re-designed with these new CPU's in mind.

Intel reckon all X99 chipsets can run the Broadwell-E providing that you run a BIOS update

Intel reckon all X99 chipsets can run the Broadwell-E providing that you run a BIOS update

Are you sure, Asus only released them after Broadwell-E. I'm fairly sure it was so a bios update wasn't needed to run them.

7 minutes ago, hawaiims said:

Are you REALLY sure you need a X99 motherboard and LGA 2011 CPU? For gaming those 6 core or 8 core LGA 2011 CPU make absolutely NO difference (in fact the performance is often worse because of the lower clock speed per core) 

Unless money is really of no concern to you, I would get an i7 6700k, and consequently a cheaper Z97 motherboard and then spend the money you saved on things that will actually improve your user experience more in a tangible way, such as a good pair of speakers/headphones or a high-res IPS monitor. 

It's main use will not be gaming, The cores will be utilised by VM's.

Money isn't of no concern, But to put things in perspective I've already spent $3300 on other parts for this build and monitors.

2 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

Are you sure, Asus only released them after Broadwell-E. I'm fairly sure it was so a bios update wasn't needed to run them.

Positive, it's an issue we've been encountering at the shop...

1 minute ago, cayphed said:

Is there any way to update without an older CPU? Because if not that really freaking sucks.

"Maroochydore" - As in sunshine coast?

9 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:
12 minutes ago, cayphed said:

Is there any way to update without an older CPU? Because if not that really freaking sucks.

"Maroochydore" - As in sunshine coast?

Yes Sunshine Coast and it ain't sunny at the moment, http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/X99-DELUXE/E9504_X99-DELUXE_UG_WEB.pdf

Page 68 is the "how to" flash the BIOS

this is the BIOS for the CPU https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/HelpDesk_CPU/

Yes Sunshine Coast and it ain't sunny at the moment, http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/X99-DELUXE/E9504_X99-DELUXE_UG_WEB.pdf

Page 68 is the "how to" flash the BIOS

this is the BIOS for the CPU https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/HelpDesk_CPU/

I'm at North Lakes, About half way between you and Brisbane city. When you say the shop, You wouldn't by chance mean sunshine coast umart would you?

Thanks so much, I'm a little worried about buying from NewEgg and If I had received it all and forgotten about the bios update I'd likely think it was broken have a heart attack or mental break as i'm not sure if Asus Australia will cover a product bought from the USA.

55 minutes ago, cayphed said:

You're incorrect about this. the OLD X99 boards that were around BEFORE Broadwell-E was launched need an update. the NEW generation of boards (X99 Deluxe II, X99-A II from Asus... boards like X99-Designare-EX, X99-Gaming Ultra, and X99-Phoenix from Gigabyte) will come with the compatibility bios pre-installed. Everything you're linking is for the OLD X99 Deluxe board.

The "X99 Deluxe" and the "X99 Deluxe II" are PHYSICALLY different, they only share the same name. They are not the same board. The Deluxe II has many ADDITIONAL features compared to the original. on board LED's and LED header among other things, but one of these things is that it IS Broadwell-E compatible. The original Deluxe wont be compatible without an update. The Deluxe II will be compatible straight out of the box.

23 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

I'm at North Lakes, About half way between you and Brisbane city. When you say the shop, You wouldn't by chance mean sunshine coast umart would you?

Thanks so much, I'm a little worried about buying from NewEgg and If I had received it all and forgotten about the bios update I'd likely think it was broken have a heart attack or mental break as i'm not sure if Asus Australia will cover a product bought from the USA.

No, not Umart, but I am not aloud to say...

4 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You're incorrect about this. the OLD X99 boards that were around BEFORE Broadwell-E was launched need an update. the NEW generation of boards (X99 Deluxe II, X99-A II from Asus... boards like X99-Designare-EX, X99-Gaming Ultra, and X99-Phoenix from Gigabyte) will come with the compatibility bios pre-installed. Everything you're linking is for the OLD X99 Deluxe board.

The "X99 Deluxe" and the "X99 Deluxe II" are PHYSICALLY different, they only share the same name. They are not the same board. The Deluxe II has many ADDITIONAL features compared to the original. on board LED's and LED header among other things, but one of these things is that it IS Broadwell-E compatible. The original Deluxe wont be compatible without an update. The Deluxe II will be compatible straight out of the box.

I'm merely pointing out what I've encountered and what Intel have stipulated to my workplace.

4 minutes ago, cayphed said:

I'm merely pointing out what I've encountered and what Intel have stipulated to my workplace.

That's fine, but I'm merely pointing out that it doesn't apply here since he is using a completely different board than the ones you are talking about. We don't need him and others reading this thread being mislead by this misinformation.

17 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

12 minutes ago, cayphed said:

No, not Umart, but I am not aloud to say...

9 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

That's fine, but I'm merely pointing out that it doesn't apply here since he is using a completely different board than the ones you are talking about. We don't need him and others reading this thread being mislead by this misinformation.

Either way I can update the Bios via usb if i need so it shouldn't be an issue.

Now I just have to build up the courage to order everything.

5 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

Either way I can update the Bios via usb if i need so it shouldn't be an issue.

Now I just have to build up the courage to order everything.

23 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Thanks for pointing that out, normally google matches better? But I had a closer look, the BIOS revision needed for the i7-6850k is 0401, the BIOS shipped with the board is 0209, the current update is 0601, so I am still standing firm on updating the BIOS during the build is a necessary. 

Updates found here: https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99-DELUXE-II/HelpDesk_Download/

I think you may have misread or misunderstood something somewhere...

11 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I think you may have misread or misunderstood something somewhere...

You mean this?

1 hour ago, Zyndo said:

The "X99 Deluxe" and the "X99 Deluxe II" are PHYSICALLY different

No I mean the link you shared to prove it still needs an update... I do not see anything on there that states it needs a bios update, or anything that precludes broadwell-E from working.

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

No I mean the link you shared to prove it still needs an update... I do not see anything on there that states it needs a bios update, or anything that precludes broadwell-E from working.

Ok, if the board is shipped with BIOS rev 0209 and they stipulate here https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99-DELUXE-II/HelpDesk_CPU/

that rev 0401 is needed for Broadwell-E, then it stands to reason that an update is required yeah?

Then here https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99-DELUXE-II/HelpDesk_Download/

they stipulate 0601 is a more "stable" release, so I will still stand firm on an update will be necessary...

6 minutes ago, cayphed said:

they stipulate here https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99-DELUXE-II/HelpDesk_CPU/

that rev 0401 is needed for Broadwell-E, then it stands to reason that an update is required yeah?

They are not saying there that 401 is required. they're saying its validated. if you look at that list, EVERY CPU is validated at 0401. If that was a requirement list, it would be literally impossible to upgrade from 0209 to 0401 since there would be no CPU that can run on 0209.

A validation list simply means they have tested all configurations in that bios with that chip and know that it works and is stable.

Of course its almost always a good idea to have your more recent bios updated and installed, but it wont be required for broadwell-E on these new motherboards.

7 minutes ago, cayphed said:

Ok, if the board is shipped with BIOS rev 0209 and they stipulate here https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99-DELUXE-II/HelpDesk_CPU/

Then here https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/X99-DELUXE-II/HelpDesk_Download/

they stipulate 0601 is a more "stable" release, so I will still stand firm on an update will be necessary...

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

They are not saying there that 401 is required. they're saying its validated. if you look at that list, EVERY CPU is validated at 0401. If that was a requirement list, it would be literally impossible to upgrade from 0209 to 0401 since there would be no CPU that can run on 0209.

A validation list simply means they have tested all configurations in that bios with that chip and know that it works and is stable. Of course its almost always a good idea to have your more recent bios updated and installed, but it wont be required for broadwell-E on these new motherboards.

You can update via USB if the CPU isn't compatible right? So it doesn't matter either way?

3 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

You can update via USB if the CPU isn't compatible right? So it doesn't matter either way?

Yep