Power Loss?

PirateCoffee

For no reason my computer has been losing power. I've made sure everything is plugged in, swapped the plugs that the PC is in and its still doing it, randomly. With no explanation.

When the computer restarts the American MegaTrends quick bios popup happens, which makes me think that the problem is not my computer, but rather my power itself. Not sure though, might be the PSU?

Specs are in my signature.

Temperatures are fine when it happens. Nothing high. - I should probably add that my computer is plugged into a Surge Protector, along with my monitors but if there was a surge surely it would do its job and protect the components..

I'm just kinda scared to use my computer currently because a power loss could happen whenever. - The only thing I've recently added (again) to my computer was my Blue Yeti, but I added that a couple of days ago and its only just started happening now.

Here's an event viewer log of the times

Screenshot_3.png

If it's sudden and you don't have to go and flick back on the RCD or reset a fuse on the multi box then yes, probably the PSU.

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

If it's sudden and you don't have to go and flick back on the RCD or reset a fuse on the multi box then yes, probably the PSU.

It's only just started happening now though, why would it work fine for almost two years and then suddenly do this?

2 minutes ago, PirateCoffee said:

It's only just started happening now though, why would it work fine for almost two years and then suddenly do this?

Components degrade over time. Probably still under warranty!

4 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Components degrade over time. Probably still under warranty!

Well that's rather unfortunate :/

Shame that its happening. Guess I got a dud Corsair PSU :P