Cheap(er) PC Build advice

Xiauj

Hey guys,

What's a good but also low(er) type of budget for a PC so I can do these purposes:

1. Video/Photo Editing (Using Adobe's software(s))
  2. Development (Coding, Game development maybe, App development maybe and more!)
  3. 3D Model rendering within CINEMA 4D >ONLY<.
    • In addition to this is 3D Model animation rendering within CINEMA 4D.
    • When I say this, it would just be large scenes with a lot of various models in it.
  4. And perhaps some audio production as well but I'm not sure about this as of yet.
  5. Oh and some gaming but not quite as much, probably about 30-35% of the time.

BEFORE READING ONWARD.... I would not be doing all of these simultaneously by the way...!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also would want the PC itself to be contained in an ATX-Cube case if possible. This is due to the unfortunate amount of available space in my room at the moment :P.

• If I were to have this PC on the floor which is a carpet, would it make A LOT of noise..? o.O Please give some opinions, it would help out.

My preferred budget/intended purpose of this thread would be £600-£800 or less.

Another reason I made this thread is because, I've been told that I can apparently get a build like this, to do all of those types of purposes for "£500-£700" which I find hard to believe...

I've also been told it's "..overkill....." again, I find quite hard to believe.

I do have a 5820k build listed on PCPartPicker which is currently sitting at £1,300 approx as the Grand Total (If you want to see the list of components, I can happily link it to you if you want, I don't think it's overkill but others do -_-).

I am trying to work up a budget for this build and am hoping to buy all of the components on or towards Black Friday of 2016 in November(?) so I can hopefully save a little bit if possible.

Thanks ~ Xiauj

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

For the stuff you're talking about you'll defiantly wan't to prioritize CPU, some stuff is gpu accelerated but really the cpu will do all the heavy lifting. So yeah I'd say defiantly get the 5820k and build the rest around that. a gtx 1070 will be able to do any gaming you want, any decent psu around 400-500 watts will be plenty, 16 gb of whatever cheep ram then cheapest mobo that fits everything you need. as far as having on the ground, yeah its not the best but I think people way overreact, imo its not a big deal just make sure the psu fan is pointed up. and I don't think that will have any substantial impact on the sound levels.

@MAMAs_b0y

Would you say this is possible for £600-£800 because I've been told that £1,200-£1,400 (I forgot to mention this above, my fault) is "overkill".

Do you think this is overkill..?:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zGbD3F

Need some opinions

13 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

@MAMAs_b0y

Would you say this is possible for £600-£800 because I've been told that £1,200-£1,400 (I forgot to mention this above, my fault) is "overkill".

Need some opinions

Go with 16gigs of ram other than that it looks good

1 minute ago, radical guild said:

Go with 16gigs of ram other than that it looks good

Would it be good to keep primarily because it's not that much extra? :P

And 'coz I would be playing some RAM hogging games such as MODDED Minecraft, not vanilla... that gets so damn boring.

2 hours ago, Xiauj said:

@MAMAs_b0y

Need some opinions

Overkill is just used by people who are bitter they can't afford stuff. Especially when it comes to content creation and 3d software, You can never have too powerful of a PC.

10 hours ago, MAMAs_b0y said:

Overkill is just used by people who are bitter they can't afford stuff. Especially when it comes to content creation and 3d software, You can never have too powerful of a PC.

Fair enough!

Would you say it looks good to go..? :D 

Hoping to buy this on or towards Black Friday lol.