Dream Laptop

Hey people!

I like laptops. They can do a lot of desktop-like tasks without being too much less portable than a phone (I find that in general, tablets are pretty useless). There's a whole lot of diversity in the market, and lots of different ways manufacturers have approached them. So I've been wondering:

What's your dream laptop? Would it be an ultrabook? A beast gaming rig? A tablet-laptop hybrid? How would you use it? In conjunction with a desktop? As a replacement for your desktop? What features can you not live without? What features do you need?

Please use technologies that have been demonstrated in the past (i.e. no Titan X's in 10-mm thin ultrabooks). Things like 360 hinges, flexible OLED displays, fingerprint sensors, all fair game as long as it's realistic.

I'll start:

My dream laptop would be an ultrabook, I would constantly have it with me and hook it up to an external graphics card for work so I don't have to maintain separate computers. It would have a 13.3" 3200x1800 OLED borderless touchscreen display with one chin on the bottom (XPS style). It would have a 360 hinge connecting it to a moderately thin chassis with an i7-6560U with 540 Iris Pro graphics (moderately powerful), 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD. It would have one USB C, one USB A, MiniDP, SD, and headphone jack. I would have a GTX 1070 sitting in an external GPU chassis to be connected via USB C. The screen would have a magnetic pressure-sensitive stylus (those are a lot more useful than you'd think, just try using a SP4). The computer would have a metallic outer casing. So it'd be something like a mashup of the Dell XPS 13, MS SP4, and Lenovo Yoga Pro 3.

What's your dream laptop?

My dream laptop would be a Macbook Pro with a windows keyboard, aka the Razer Blade. There isn't a thing I would change about it (other than its price!)

If this was my only system, grab an external GPU solution and be done.

1 minute ago, roughavoc said:

My dream laptop would be a Macbook Pro with a windows keyboard, aka the Razer Blade. There isn't a thing I would change about it (other than its price!)

If this was my only system, grab an external GPU solution and be done.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever used a touchscreen Windows ultrabook before?

1 minute ago, wwsalmon said:

Just out of curiosity, have you ever used a touchscreen Windows ultrabook before?

Yep, didn't really make any use of it.

Alright. Is there anything in particular about the Macbook Pro that you like versus Windows ultrabooks?

Razer Blade 2013 without that horrible Razer synapse 

2 minutes ago, wwsalmon said:

Alright. Is there anything in particular about the Macbook Pro that you like versus Windows ultrabooks?

Windows ultrabook don't seem to have stuff though out as well, ports aren't perfectly lined up, plastic here and there.

The XPS 13 is a nice piece of kit, just not perfect for me.

But all the problems I have with Macbooks are solved with the Razer Blade though.