Third party xbox360 wireless receiver problem.

centurion_08

Hi.

I need help trouble shooting with newly bought third party wireless pc receiver for xbox360 contoller. 

I can't get this phucking thing to work for 5 hours straight. I'm on the verge of putting a shotgun barrel to my mouth and pulling the trigger. So i bought a chinnese copy of xbox360 controller with a receiver. I have regreted the purchase the second i plugged in. Now i bought a genuine xbox gamepad but i can't get it run/pair with a cheap'o receiver. Seen about 6 youtube tutorials, read the lecture on microshaft website with no success. Can somebody eplain this step by step what to do?? If it's worth mentioning, i have paired the shitty gamepad and it was working but the build quality sucked. If i need to 'unpair' it you have to tell me how.

Sorry for the mess, but i'm frustrated.

Kind Regards

8 minutes ago, centurion_08 said:

Hi.

I need help trouble shooting with newly bought third party wireless pc receiver for xbox360 contoller. 

I can't get this phucking thing to work for 5 hours straight. I'm on the verge of putting a shotgun barrel to my mouth and pulling the trigger. So i bought a chinnese copy of xbox360 controller with a receiver. I have regreted the purchase the second i plugged in. Now i bought a genuine xbox gamepad but i can't get it run/pair with a cheap'o receiver. Seen about 6 youtube tutorials, read the lecture on microshaft website with no success. Can somebody eplain this step by step what to do?? If it's worth mentioning, i have paired the shitty gamepad and it was working but the build quality sucked. If i need to 'unpair' it you have to tell me how.

Sorry for the mess, but i'm frustrated.

Kind Regards

what version of windows? I remember a long time ago having to go into device manager and manually changing the driver to Microsoft wireless receiver and that worked great.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

you have too install the drivers manually with device manager

I was in your boat. it's an easy fix (theoretically).

I'm not on my computer now so ill try to remember the steps as best i can.

-device manager

-find the mystery/error/unknown device which should be clearly labeled

-update driver software

-manual (not search automatically online)

-let me pick from a list option

-scroll to the bottom for xbox 360 gamepad

-install the "wireless receiver" or something like that driver.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I'm running a windows 8.1

Tried all of those 'drivers' from the device manager.

Maybe i need to unpair the chinnese one?

Damn thing won't pair. The receiver and gamepad keeps blinking. Installed the Microsoft xbox 360 accessories 1.2(wireless and wired) nothing works.

Should i mention that i also have a wired genuine 360 controller plugged in too?