First gaming pc build.

First i would like to thank LTT and everyone on here that help newbies like me. Being relatively new pcs can become overehelming. Im hoping to get some advice this pc will only be used for gaming and probably going to stay at 1080p. Can anyone tell me if this will give me any problems with newer games like doom and fallout 4? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cfVWZ8

14 minutes ago, Bloodbath91n said:

First i would like to thank LTT and everyone on here that help newbies like me. Being relatively new pcs can become overehelming. Im hoping to get some advice this pc will only be used for gaming and probably going to stay at 1080p. Can anyone tell me if this will give me any problems with newer games like doom and fallout 4? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cfVWZ8

For a first build it looks good, but I would recommend getting 2 sticks of 4gb of ram for dual channel. And the PSU is pretty cheap. You should get at least a 80+ gold PSU for future reliability. Go to http://www.jonnyguru.com/ for good PSU reviews. Also Haswell is going get pretty old pretty soon. Maybe consider skylake? The R9 390 would be better than the GTX 970. But wait to buy them because of  the drop prices because of the new GPU for AMD and Nvidia.

Get this instead, but wait for the rx 480 for $200.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($29.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: AMD Radeon R3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.64 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($37.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $740.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-10 10:37 EDT-0400

Added a better psu and ssd, and a newer cpu/mobo.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

First, welcome to the LTT forums!

Yes, you will be able to play games maxed out at 1080p 60fps with that videocard. But some newer games won't run ultra 1080p 60fps.

But I'd suggest getting a GTX1070, a lot better than the 970 and 8GB VRAM, instead of 3.5GB usable VRAM

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Avoid the V300 it's NAND was swapped and now its slow as hell:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

Why not Skylake?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Thanks for all the advice its much appreciated i will have to look over a few components. Definitely going with a better psu and ssd. Havent given much thought to skylake figured the i5 4690k would handle anything and if i need to i can add a watercooler and overclock. 

Also the 970 is just to start gaming for now. I would like a 1070 but im impaitent. after the new cards finish dropping i will probably upgrade around christmas

If you can wait almost 3 weeks, I would get a i5-6500, or a 6600k if you want to overclock, and the new AMD 480, it is only $200 whereas the 970 is $300 and it will get much better preformance.  If you have to buy now, spend the extra $70 and get the 1070.  Good luck!

CPU - Intel I3-6100 Motherboard - MSI Z170-A PRO RAM G.SKILL NT Series 8gb 2400MZ DDR4 GPU - Power Color R9 380X Case - NZXT Source 220 Window Storage - 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU - Corsair CX500 OS - Windows 10 Pro

5 hours ago, Bloodbath91n said:

Finally got everything ordered. Should all be here by friday, decided to go with a skylake build and the gtx 970 strix

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3YXZLD

bad decision with the z170; you won't be able to overclock. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

You are correct but i wanted the option to upgrade to an unlocked cpu in the future. And i think it looks badass