rigid tubing goed off

Go to solution Solved by That_Random_Guy,
2 minutes ago, Swiebertjeee said:

you mean I just tap it pretty hard with something I tried that with a watch which is pretty heavy but it stays on so only if I pull it with my hands. 

i was using that as sorta of a way to show how much weight the fitting should take before coming off. honestly you shouldnt easily be able to pull it off. you should have to apply some force. maybe 3ish pounds. you should know if your applying that much or not. again if your just barely pulling it and its coming of then you may have a problem, but if you can put a bit of weight on it then your fine. its just the tighter it is the better the seal is. just leak test everything when your done for a day or so, ive got 16 fittings in my loop and they all require quite a bit of force to pull off and never had any leaks and have dissembled it a few times. and unlike the last guy that said use epoxy and such, never... ever use an epoxy or glue to make a seal, a bit of silicone or something maybe and thats pushing it and you should get a new fitting or tube if it comes to that, but never any glue. only someone thats never built a loop would say that. if you glue them, then you will have an incredibly hard time dissembling in the future when you need to change a gpu or cpu or rads.

I have a question, I bought rigid tubing (first time) from brand EK both OD 12mm but when I put the rigid tubing inside and close it im able to pull the rigid tube out is this how it is supose to be or should it be tight so im not able to pull it out?  

Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Just now, Swiebertjeee said:

I have a question, I bought rigid tubing (first time) from brand EK both OD 12mm but when I put the rigid tubing inside and close it im able to pull the rigid tube out is this how it is supose to be or should it be tight so im not able to pull it out?  

Is that EK 12mm tubing with EK fittings?  If not, there's your problem.  Stick with the same brand tubing and fittings if you didn't already do so.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Is that EK 12mm tubing with EK fittings?  If not, there's your problem.  Stick with the same brand tubing and fittings if you didn't already do so.

I have EK-HD PETG tubes 10/12mm and EK-HDC fitting 12mm

Also, rigid isn't pressed as hard as soft tubing, meaning you can pull it out with a little force, but it should be snug enough to not just pop out.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ

2 minutes ago, Ser James Acinonyx of Compactis said:

Also, rigid isn't pressed as hard as soft tubing, meaning you can pull it out with a little force, but it should be snug enough to not just pop out.

Well it doesnt fall off but it only requires a little bit of force is this normal? 

Just now, Swiebertjeee said:

Well it doesnt fall off but it only requires a little bit of force is this normal? 

Depends on how strong you are.  :D

Yes, if you pull hard enough, it'll come out.

8:25 if it doesn't auto-skip. This shows how easily the tubing can be tugged out, even though it is leak-proof.

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

6 minutes ago, Ser James Acinonyx of Compactis said:

8:25 if it doesn't auto-skip. This shows how easily the tubing can be tugged out, even though it is leak-proof.

I do get little stripes when I twist it when its on, but Jay says I shouldnt be able to pull it in when its closed but I can do that with a bit of force. (even easier on cut parts because it a little smaller on the tip there)

Still, you shouldn't worry too much. Treat the tubing and fittings like you should and do an extensive leak test to make sure everything is in order. If you are 100% confident you won't take it apart in the near future, you could add some sealant to avoid any leaks.
Forget what everyone says about trusting the O-rings, I think sealant like epoxy should be accepted if it's done properly (both sealing-wise and aesthetically).

ok... this is gonna seem a bit weird but it should give you an idea of about how much pressure it should have. what you see is a premochill revolver fitting on about a 8-10 inch piec of rigit tubing. all 12mm. there is a 4 oz thing of solder on it as a weight im able to shake the tube with the 4oz solder weight loose and have it rise and fall and not have the fitting come off. id say it takes about 3-5ish pounds to pull the fitting off the tube. If you can easliy pull it off then id be a bit worried since usually the harder it is to pull off the better the seal is20160609_190753.jpg

Edit something else. you do not need the same brand tubing and fittings. its just advised you get the same to avoid problems. i have monsoon or bitspower tubing and premochill fittings. 12mm is 12mm.... but its the +/- 1mm that is the problem, maybe tray another piece

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

30 minutes ago, Ser James Acinonyx of Compactis said:

Still, you shouldn't worry too much. Treat the tubing and fittings like you should and do an extensive leak test to make sure everything is in order. If you are 100% confident you won't take it apart in the near future, you could add some sealant to avoid any leaks.
Forget what everyone says about trusting the O-rings, I think sealant like epoxy should be accepted if it's done properly (both sealing-wise and aesthetically).

I did just run a lop on my desk for few mins, (one straight rigid tube rest soft) and I didnt see any water coming out maybe im just stressing way too much :o

24 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

ok... this is gonna seem a bit weird but it should give you an idea of about how much pressure it should have. what you see is a premochill revolver fitting on about a 8-10 inch piec of rigit tubing. all 12mm. there is a 4 oz thing of solder on it as a weight im able to shake the tube with the 4oz solder weight loose and have it rise and fall and not have the fitting come off. id say it takes about 3-5ish pounds to pull the fitting off the tube. If you can easliy pull it off then id be a bit worried since usually the harder it is to pull off the better the seal is20160609_190753.jpg

Edit something else. you do not need the same brand tubing and fittings. its just advised you get the same to avoid problems. i have monsoon or bitspower tubing and premochill fittings. 12mm is 12mm.... but its the +/- 1mm that is the problem, maybe tray another piece

you mean I just tap it pretty hard with something I tried that with a watch which is pretty heavy but it stays on so only if I pull it with my hands. 

2 minutes ago, Swiebertjeee said:

i was using that as sorta of a way to show how much weight the fitting should take before coming off. honestly you shouldnt easily be able to pull it off. you should have to apply some force. maybe 3ish pounds. you should know if your applying that much or not. again if your just barely pulling it and its coming of then you may have a problem, but if you can put a bit of weight on it then your fine. its just the tighter it is the better the seal is. just leak test everything when your done for a day or so, ive got 16 fittings in my loop and they all require quite a bit of force to pull off and never had any leaks and have dissembled it a few times. and unlike the last guy that said use epoxy and such, never... ever use an epoxy or glue to make a seal, a bit of silicone or something maybe and thats pushing it and you should get a new fitting or tube if it comes to that, but never any glue. only someone thats never built a loop would say that. if you glue them, then you will have an incredibly hard time dissembling in the future when you need to change a gpu or cpu or rads.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

5 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Thank you for your input, I guess im fine then and can start bending the tubes got me scared there for a minute because I thought it should secure a bit like soft tubing does :) 

6 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

and unlike the last guy that said use epoxy and such, never... ever use an epoxy or glue to make a seal, a bit of silicone or something maybe and thats pushing it and you should get a new fitting or tube if it comes to that, but never any glue. only someone thats never built a loop would say that. if you glue them, then you will have an incredibly hard time dissembling in the future when you need to change a gpu or cpu or rads.

False. Plenty of experienced water cooling builders use sealant and recommend using them. Also, epoxy was the only medium I could think of at the time.

Lastly, I did say if he felt confident he wouldn't have to disassemble, he could seal up. Never told him to do it.

I had the same problem with EK-16mm, I hope mine goes okay also.