Sorta Dedicated IP

_JohnB330ci

Hey there, I'm on BT and my public IP address constantly changes (every other day) I was unable to find an option on the HUB Manager to switch to dedicated IP despite being able to before on an older hub. I was simply wondering for games such as minecraft where I host the server in house but use the public IP to connect, is it possible to/is there a program that fetches my IP and writes it to a new local domain, which I can then enter? So that whenever I start my PC its always up to date with the latest IP?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Two main ways.

(Best) Get a static ip.

Or use a Dynamic DNS service.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

4 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

Hey there, I'm on BT and my public IP address constantly changes (every other day) I was unable to find an option on the HUB Manager to switch to dedicated IP despite being able to before on an older hub. I was simply wondering for games such as minecraft where I host the server in house but use the public IP to connect, is it possible to/is there a program that fetches my IP and writes it to a new local domain, which I can then enter? So that whenever I start my PC its always up to date with the latest IP?

Make a dynamic DNS here, then download this program to your computer.

3 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

Two main ways.

(Best) Get a static ip.

Or use a Dynamic DNS service.

Is it possible to switch to a static IP with BT? and I'd prefer to not use a DNS service as it still requires me to change the IP? Which I might as well do anyway then.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

1 minute ago, SherifsDog22 said:

Is it possible to switch to a static IP with BT? and I'd prefer to not use a DNS service as it still requires me to change the IP? Which I might as well do anyway then.

The program from no-ip keeps your IP up to date.

1 minute ago, SherifsDog22 said:

with BT and most (all i think) British ISPs, :), you have to be on business subscription and request it. You will have to inquire about it with them.

You can get Dynamic DNS services which watch your ip and update it automatically.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?