Enhanced Pointer Precision keeps reactivating

FunkyFeatures
Go to solution Solved by elpiop,
3 minutes ago, FunkyFeatures said:

And then it won't ever activate again unless I change the registry, right?

I believe so. You'll need to restart your computer for it to take effect. 

Do you have any mouse software, like Logitech or Razer Synapse? because that can also mess with the setting. 

I actually have the same problem and I'm pretty sure it is caused by Razer Synapse. I just have a shortcut on my desktop to the Mouse settings and I uncheck it every time. 

My current Windows 10 installation is getting a bit old, and it can be felt (every now and then the computer crashes completely), but a really annoying noticeable issue is the Enhanced Pointer Precision.

Since a few days ago, it has been reactivating itself every time I reboot. Is there a solution for this? To semi-permanently disable this crappy thing?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

you can edit the registry key values.

HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse

Set MouseSpeed, MouseThreshhold1, and MouseThreshold2 all to 0 for no acceleration. 

12 minutes ago, elpiop said:

you can edit the registry key values.

HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse

Set MouseSpeed, MouseThreshhold1, and MouseThreshold2 all to 0 for no acceleration. 

Edit:

I just tried changing it, however it was already on 0 - so I am guessing it would go back to on (1) again after a reboot...

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

3 minutes ago, FunkyFeatures said:

Do you have any mouse software, like Logitech or Razer Synapse? because that can also mess with the setting. 

I actually have the same problem and I'm pretty sure it is caused by Razer Synapse. I just have a shortcut on my desktop to the Mouse settings and I uncheck it every time. 

21 minutes ago, elpiop said:

Razer Synapse. I will try and do the regedit next time I reboot, I hope that fixes it mostly. I haven't had the issue in a while though. It used to do it a lot, then went away, then came back again now.

Keep in mind, that if you have multiple computers, with a Microsoft account, your settings are in sync between them.

So if you have a software, or you, enable the feature, it will enable it on all your systems.

You can disable this sync of this kind of features by doing Start > Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings, and turn off "Other Windows settings".

15 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Keep in mind, that if you have multiple computers, with a Microsoft account, your settings are in sync between them.

So if you have a software, or you, enable the feature, it will enable it on all your systems.

You can disable this sync of this kind of features by doing Start > Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings, and turn off "Other Windows settings".

Thank you, that might have been it, however it seems to come and go every now and then, and I have it turned off on all my other computers as well. Oh well, I have turned it off now, and I seem to be able to reboot without it activating