I'm having a problem with my PC (solved)

My current rig is

CPU: i5 6600k (oc 4.6GHz) water cooled (even when not over clocked the problem is still there)

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GD5T (I believe this may be the problem) 

RAM; 32GBs of Corsair Vengence DDR4 @ 2400Mhz (4 x 8)

Motherboard: GA-Z170-HD3P

Storage: SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB

The problem is when I run games. If I run any demanding game (specifically anything with physX) the game just stops, doesn't crash it just remains frozen on the screen. For example, if I run Borderlands 2 on high physX, the moment I shoot a gun it just freezes forever on the bullet decals. I can run less demanding games like Fallout 3 for a solid 20 minutes but then does the same freeze problem at some point. I think the problem has to do with using MSI afterburner. after I started playing with stuff, the games started doing this, so I tried resetting everything back to normal, but still the problem is there, I even tried underclocking the GPU as low as it would go but I still have the problem. 

If there's any sort of troubleshooting that might help, I would greatly appreciate it! this is my first forum post as well so I apologize for anything that wasn't up to par 

Welcome to the forums :^)

Aaanyway, try running those games on intel hd graphics. In other words, take out your card and try seeing if the games work or crash

Nothing.

2 hours ago, theanimun said:

May seem obvious, but have you tried reinstalling PhysX?

2 hours ago, TheSuspect said:

Aaanyway, try running those games on intel hd graphics. In other words, take out your card and try seeing if the games work or crash

Both of these are good options! 

Try running DDU and reinstall drivers.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

37 minutes ago, theanimun said:

May seem obvious, but have you tried reinstalling PhysX?

I got done doing that, still the same problem 

38 minutes ago, TheSuspect said:

The system didnt post without the Gpu in :(

28 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

So do I just uninstall the drivers to my GPU and just reinstall them? That simple? 

I apologize about my lack of knowledge to this stuff, I'm pretty new to higher end PC gaming 

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sandvich said:

The system didnt post without the Gpu in :(

Do you have any friends with gpus? If so, could you get it and try again?

Nothing.

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sandvich said:

So do I just uninstall the drivers to my GPU and just reinstall them? That simple? 

I apologize about my lack of knowledge to this stuff, I'm pretty new to higher end PC gaming 

Use http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-

This will remove the drivers completely and then manually reinstall them from Nvidia's website (or use Geforce Experience)

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    

1 hour ago, Kryptyx said:

Got done doing that, little more complicated than I thought, but it works again now! thank you very much!!

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sandvich said:

Got done doing that, little more complicated than I thought, but it works again now! thank you very much!!

Awesome, glad I could help. Be sure to mark the thread as solved so others know.

1 hour ago, Kryptyx said:

How do I mark it as solved?

Click the grey check mark at the bottom of the post.