Minecraft Plugin Help

Zack_Hill

Hello,

I have recently started a new server and I'm in need of a certain plugin. I need this plugin to be able to execute commands and take items from a players inventory. To briefly describe what's going on, my server has a ranking system. To proceed to the next rank, you need to have obtained a certain number of gold blocks. For example, to rank up for the 1st time, you need to have 8 gold blocks. I want the user to be able to type /rankup, then have the server remove the gold blocks from their inventory, and then execute a command to place them in the new rank. I have each rank set up in PermissionsEx. Right now the only way a player can rank up is if an Admin does it manually.

Thanks for those who can help!

you could have them hit a cmd block and have that execute a vanilla command 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

you could have them hit a cmd block and have that execute a vanilla command 

Do command blocks issue commands from other plugins or vanilla only stuff?

1 minute ago, Sneddon said:

Not being a dick but you could've just googled it, this was the first thing to come up. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/rank-up/

I've actually already looked at that. That plugin (from what I could see) deals with the virtual currency, whereas on my server we use gold as currency. That's why I don't think I can do that.

12 minutes ago, Zack_Hill said:

I've actually already looked at that. That plugin (from what I could see) deals with the virtual currency, whereas on my server we use gold as currency. That's why I don't think I can do that.

wait cant cmd blocks execute /give though you should try a different forum if you want to know about minecraft stuff. try the spigot forums or MCM i dont like playing minecraft but one of my friends are crazy obsessed with it. most people on this forum know computer related stuff, not minecraft related stuff 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I have been running a server for over 3 years now. Do not use command blocks for main things for your server. Everytime the server restarts command block get reset. You need to look on bukkit or spigot for a plugin that does what you want, maybe you will find some other cool things. Good luck!

-Red

CPU: I7-6700k @ 4.7ghz Memery: 16GB HyperX DDR4 GPU: GTX TITAN X OC MotherBoard: Gigabyte Z170A Gaming 6 SSD: 1-Kingston 120Gb    1-PNY 240GB HDD: 1-WD 1T, 1-Seagate 750GB CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i GTX PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: Corsair 760T White Edition