NEED HELP!Mobo makes cooler spinning like Mercury

RabbitPeper

Idk why,mobo started to speed up new cooler to maximum after box  one failed .Refreshed bios,reseted it to factory-nothing.So what to do?

We need the details on your system components. Either post a list of all the parts (or the make and model if it is a retail computer) or post a PCPartPicker link of your build.

Do you have the CPU cooler fan plugged into a 4-pin PWM header or a standard 3-pin header? If it is plugged into a 3-pin header then it will just run at full speed.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

4 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

We need the details on your system components. Either post a list of all the parts (or the make and model if it is a retail computer) or post a PCPartPicker link of your build.

Do you have the CPU cooler fan plugged into a 4-pin PWM header or a standard 3-pin header? If it is plugged into a 3-pin header then it will just run at full speed.

1)Mobo:ASUS P5K-VM

Proc:Intel E4500

GC:Palit GTX 650

Cooler:Deep Cool GAMMAXX s40

PSU:Cooler Master RS-500-PSAP-l3

HDD:Samsung S250 HD250HJ

RAM:DIMM1: Samsung M3 78T5663QZ3-CF7

DIMM2: Samsung M3 78T6553EZS-CF7

DIMM3: Apacer (512 МБ DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

2)Fan plugged in 4-pin

7 minutes ago, RabbitPeper said:

-snip-

Are there any settings in the BIOS for fan control? If not, have you tried using SpeedFan to control the CPU fan?

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

23 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Are there any settings in the BIOS for fan control? If not, have you tried using SpeedFan to control the CPU fan?

Yes-QFan,Silent Mode,SpeedFan now and in the past couldn't control anything.

Ok, if you have BIOS control and SpeedFan doesn't work I would suggest you try using either the QFan or Silent Mode feature in the BIOS. With a motherboard that old you are not going to have very granular control of the fan speeds, so if performance/temp is a concern but you also don't want it running too loud or the CPU getting too hot I would say use the QFan feature.

END OF LINE

4 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Ok, if you have BIOS control and SpeedFan doesn't work I would suggest you try using either the QFan or Silent Mode feature in the BIOS. With a motherboard that old you are not going to have very granular control of the fan speeds, so if performance/temp is a concern but you also don't want it running too loud or the CPU getting too hot I would say use the QFan feature.

It problem not with thermales but with speed,coz without fan cpu stayes at 40-50 degrees.

1 minute ago, RabbitPeper said:

It problem not with thermales but with speed,coz without fan cpu stayes at 40-50 degrees.

The QFan feature should allow you to control the fan speed by setting a Starting Voltage, Starting Speed Temp, and then the Maximum Speed (RPM). The Starting Voltage (usually around 4V I think) is what will be applied to the fan until the CPU reaches the Starting Speed Temp, which you should be able to set. Once the Starting Speed Temp has been reached, the voltage should be increased linearly until the Max Speed (RPM) is reached, which you should also be able to set. I would see what options you have for the Starting Voltage and go from there. If you are not worried about thermals, you want to keep your computer as quiet as possible, and you know that you can have no fan on the CPU cooler and it doesn't exceed 50C, then I would set the Starting Voltage as low as the BIOS will let you. Then set the Starting Speed Temp somewhere around 45C.

To keep the fan as quiet as possible you will have to decide what you find as an acceptable max CPU temperature and then experiment with the Max Speed setting. I'm guessing the BIOS probably works with percentages, so in order to determine how low you can keep the Max Speed without worrying about thermal issues, you will want to start with the Max Speed set to 100% and run a load test like Aida64 on the CPU. Record what the max temperature is after it seems to level out (maybe after 10 minutes). If the max temperature reached is hotter than you would like I would recommend leaving the Max Speed at 100%. If it falls below your ideal max temperature it means that you have some room to play with the fan speeds.

Go back in to the BIOS and set the Max Speed to 90%, save the settings, and then run the load test again, recording what the max temperature is. If you have the same max temperature with the Max Speed at both 100% and 90%, then you know you don't need to run the fan at 100%. Keep stepping down the Max Speed with 5-10% intervals until you find the point where your max temperature starts to climb higher (or your system becomes unstable/slows down due to thermal throttling). Once your CPU starts to run hotter, go back to the last (lowest) Max Speed setting that still maintained your target max temperature and you should be set.

Obviously there might be variations in how the BIOS is set up and how you change settings, and I haven't worked with a Socket 775 motherboard for a long time, so you will probably have to look around in the BIOS to figure out how everything works, but be careful and don't change any settings unless you know exactly what they do. Google is your friend.

END OF LINE

On 07.06.2016 at 6:57 PM, DevilishBooster said:

In bios there are no precision settings,only silent optimal and perfomance modes