Getting new computer, OS on HDD Question.

Stryk3r15

I will be selling my current computer for money, but I want to keep my hard rive since it has my games, OS, so on and so forth. Now if I got a new motherboard, would I have to re-install the OS? (Win 7 OEM), and if someone bought my computer would they have problems installing a hard drive and OS? I don't want to have to get another OS, but if I have to I will, and no illegal downloading the installer.

There might be hardware conflicts if you change platforms like from LGA775 - > FM3. If it's just the motherboard swap, it will probably work, but might not be optimised. (eg. SATA drivers may be wonky, WiFi may not work perfectly well). So it will probably work, but it's recommended to re-install at some point.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

1) whiching hdd to a new motherboard without reinstaling the os wil have driver conflicts and windows reads a code off the bios as to not allow the transfer of an installed os to another computer.

put simply reinstalling is simpler and if you dont want to pay for an os go Linux based like Ubuntu, Mint of Fedora 

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

If someone bought that other computer, they'd have no issues putting an OS on it, provided they have a storage drive to put it on and a method of installing the OS. You will also have to do a re-install. I changed CPU sockets one time(went from AM3 to LGA1155) and I went to boot into Windows and it blue screened.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch