Amazon Scam?

Hey guys, so I ordered a comic on 5/31/16. Today (6/3/16) I received an email from, "order-update@amazon.com" It basically said a tracking number had been added to an order. I Googled the number and no carrier says it exists. As far as I can tell all the links in the email lead to an HTTPS Amazon site. The only one I clicked brought me to an HTTPS Amazon login. Chrome auto-completed my login info, but I didn't sign-in or type anything. I've looked up the email and some people say it's a phishing scam, but I don't know. What do you guys think? Screenshots below.

I should mention that the order information on Amazon doesn't have a tracking number.

Spoiler

Weird Amazon.PNG

Amazon Flash.PNG

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Malwarebytes didn't pick anything up.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

That looks really weird. All the shipping stuff I get from Amazon is sent by "ship-confirm@amazon.com" and the emails look nothing like the one you received. 

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

1 minute ago, Ze_Mako said:

That looks really weird. All the shipping stuff I get from Amazon is sent by "ship-confirm@amazon.com" and the emails look nothing like the one you received. 

I'm gonna contact support and see what they think.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

I'm gonna contact support and see what they think.

Yeah, contact support.

Alright, contacted support. Seems legit.

Spoiler
You are now connected to Krish from Amazon.com
Me:I received and email from "order-update@amazon.com" saying that a tracking number has been added to this order. However there doesn't seem to be one in my order information, and the one supplied in the email doesn't exist. All the links in said email seem to be legitimate Amazon ones, with HTTPS and everything. Was this an email from you guys, should I be worried?
Krish:Hello, my name is Krish. I'm here to help you today.
Me:Alright, thank you Krish
Krish:You please do not worry, Anthony. I'll check this and will help you with this.
Me:Thank you
Krish:You’re welcome.
Can you please copy paste the content of that email?
Me:Yes, one moment
Krish:Sure.
Me:Dear [REDACTED],
Shipping information has been updated for your order, placed with TOTAL BOOKS on May 30, 2016.
==================================================
SHIPPING DETAILS
TOTAL BOOKS included the following items in package 1 of this shipment:
1 of Flashpoint
Shipping Carrier: USPS
Ship Date: June 1, 2016
Shipping Speed: Standard
Carrier Tracking ID: 9241990000641634148601
Your shipping address:
Anthony [REDACTED]
United States
If you have additional items in your order, you will receive an e-mail when those items have shipped.
QUESTIONS?
If you have questions about this order, including the status of your shipment, you can either visit https://www.amazon.com//gp/css/your-ord...(See full link) or e-mail TOTAL BOOKS to get in touch directly with TOTAL BOOKS.
Safe Shopping Tips
Amazon.com works hard to protect our customers. For your safety, when ordering items advertised by sellers other than Amazon.com:
* Always place your orders directly through Amazon.com. Never send money directly to sellers through wire transfers or checks; we do not guarantee such transactions.
* Beware of e-mails that request direct payments, request payment to international locations, or ask for personal information. Amazon.com will never e-mail you to pay for Marketplace transactions outside our shopping cart, or ask you to confirm personal information such as a credit card number or password via e-mail. If a particular e-mail looks suspicious or unusual, please contact us directly.
Reporting suspicious activity at https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/contact-u...(See full link) will help us enhance marketplace safety and serve you better in the future.
For more safe-shopping tips, read about Safe Online Transactions at https://www.amazon.com/safe-secure?ref_...(See full link) .
Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.
You shop. Amazon gives.
That's the entire email
Krish:Thanks for the email.
Me:Of course
Krish:I checked it for you, Anthony. Actually this email was sent for the recent order, which you've placed for the book, Flashpoint , with the seller named, TOTAL BOOKS.
For the confirmation, please check this link:
[REDACTED]
Me:So it is from Amazon? I have no need worry?
Krish:Yes, it is directly from amazon. You no need to worry. This is just an update for the order.
Me:Alright, thank you very much. Have a great day!

The tracking number still isn't showing in the tracking info on the order details. Odd.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Weird, but guess all is well if Amazon said so.

As for the tracking, it may not be active yet. Sometime they'll have the button there since the tracking number was generated but not scanned in by who ever is shipping the item. 

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

Considering it's USPS, it's likely that the item hasn't reached a sorting location where it can be scanned into the system, and also chrome would only auto complete your user ID and password if it was the actual site as scam sites don't direct to the actual site and the data stored in chrome lists what sites certain username and password combinations are for.

Just wait and the tracking should update once the package has gotten into the system.

Tracking numbers are useless unless the item actually gets scanned into the courier's system, which can take anywhere from a few hours up to forever.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

On 6/4/2016 at 2:32 AM, EarthboundHero said:

Alright, contacted support. Seems legit.

Reveal hidden contents
You are now connected to Krish from Amazon.com
Me:I received and email from "order-update@amazon.com" saying that a tracking number has been added to this order. However there doesn't seem to be one in my order information, and the one supplied in the email doesn't exist. All the links in said email seem to be legitimate Amazon ones, with HTTPS and everything. Was this an email from you guys, should I be worried?
Krish:Hello, my name is Krish. I'm here to help you today.
Me:Alright, thank you Krish
Krish:You please do not worry, Anthony. I'll check this and will help you with this.
Me:Thank you
Krish:You’re welcome.
Can you please copy paste the content of that email?
Me:Yes, one moment
Krish:Sure.
Me:Dear [REDACTED],
Shipping information has been updated for your order, placed with TOTAL BOOKS on May 30, 2016.
SHIPPING DETAILS
TOTAL BOOKS included the following items in package 1 of this shipment:
1 of Flashpoint
Shipping Carrier: USPS
Ship Date: June 1, 2016
Shipping Speed: Standard
Carrier Tracking ID: 9241990000641634148601
Your shipping address:
Anthony [REDACTED]
United States
If you have additional items in your order, you will receive an e-mail when those items have shipped.
QUESTIONS?
If you have questions about this order, including the status of your shipment, you can either visit https://www.amazon.com//gp/css/your-ord...(See full link) or e-mail TOTAL BOOKS to get in touch directly with TOTAL BOOKS.
Safe Shopping Tips
Amazon.com works hard to protect our customers. For your safety, when ordering items advertised by sellers other than Amazon.com:
* Always place your orders directly through Amazon.com. Never send money directly to sellers through wire transfers or checks; we do not guarantee such transactions.
* Beware of e-mails that request direct payments, request payment to international locations, or ask for personal information. Amazon.com will never e-mail you to pay for Marketplace transactions outside our shopping cart, or ask you to confirm personal information such as a credit card number or password via e-mail. If a particular e-mail looks suspicious or unusual, please contact us directly.
Reporting suspicious activity at https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/contact-u...(See full link) will help us enhance marketplace safety and serve you better in the future.
For more safe-shopping tips, read about Safe Online Transactions at https://www.amazon.com/safe-secure?ref_...(See full link) .
Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.
You shop. Amazon gives.
That's the entire email
Krish:Thanks for the email.
Me:Of course
Krish:I checked it for you, Anthony. Actually this email was sent for the recent order, which you've placed for the book, Flashpoint , with the seller named, TOTAL BOOKS.
For the confirmation, please check this link:
[REDACTED]
Me:So it is from Amazon? I have no need worry?
Krish:Yes, it is directly from amazon. You no need to worry. This is just an update for the order.
Me:Alright, thank you very much. Have a great day!

The tracking number still isn't showing in the tracking info on the order details. Odd.

I would say that it is legit because amazon owns all domains for the emails, so only under their knowledge***, can that domain be used.

***They could also have been hacked to get that domain but odds are if they were hacked they would know about it

That looks exactly like all the emails I get from Amazon...

If it comes from @amazon.com and Gmail hasn't warned you about its origin (the protocols generally require you to prove the origin of the email is where you say it is from) it is very likely legit unless somebody has hacked Amazon.com.

Also, if it says https://amazon.com in your address bar and chrome is autocompleting your details then it's legit. Ain't no way of faking that unless somebody has installed a compromised version of chrome on your machine or they have modified your DNS settings to point to their malicious DNS.