Opinions on AMD's new event

Well, well, well AMD you did it, I've turned my back on Nvidia and peering into the endless possibilities AMD is going to through our way, with high performance affordable graphics cards. What are they planning? What's the Expected price range for the 290X? Have you been turned to AMD as well?

Considering they're throwing a $299 dollar card with a Fire Strike score of 7000 (or something)AMD is really pushing the boundaries of where the PC gaming industry is leading.

Please share you're opinions on all things GPU' 14!

Thanks!

And yes I am to the forums so hi!  :)

Hi. :o

welcome to the forums!may you get good likes and ratings and what so ever kind of stuff!best of luck in your next upcoming posts! :P and for your question,i just like AMD like 50%.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Welcome to the forum! Also, I love what AMD is doing to push the industry but I'll most probably wait and see what Nvidia has with Maxwell in Q1 2014

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I'm already done with Nvidia and their BS called Nvidia Greenlight. I'm now embracing AMD with both hands.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Myursy.. dat cooler rocks seriously :) wish I had money to grab one right when its out

PS: WELCOME!

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

That illuminating stock cooler is so cool!

Also welcome to forum!

Ugh i cant find pictures :( Lines glow right, or also the fan? 

Welcome to the forum! Also, I love what AMD is doing to push the industry but I'll most probably wait and see what Nvidia has with Maxwell in Q1 2014

Maxwell? In Q1? You sure? 

the products they realsed are so F'İN AWSOME  the event was so poor it could of been much better

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Well, well, well AMD you did it, I've turned my back on Nvidia and peering into the endless possibilities AMD is going to through our way, with high performance affordable graphics cards. What are they planning? What's the Expected price range for the 290X? Have you been turned to AMD as well?

Considering they're throwing a $299 dollar card with a Fire Strike score of 7000 (or something)AMD is really pushing the boundaries of where the PC gaming industry is leading.

Please share you're opinions on all things GPU' 14!

Thanks!

And yes I am to the forums so hi!  :)

Finally somebody made a worse conference than Micro$oft's Xbox One presentation! YEAH!

Instead of: TV, TV, TV we heard AUDIO, AUDIO, AUDIO.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Ugh i cant find pictures :( Lines glow right, or also the fan? 

Maxwell? In Q1? You sure? 

Slipped out of Linus' tongue during today's WAN Show plus general rumour-mill speculation are rather positive of a Q1 launch. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

didnot like they talked half an hour about audio we dont care 

we want grapicscard not soundcards ......

this is a good thing for me as it means that i can a nex-gen pc graphics card on the cheap

the event however: i tuned into the livestream during the event and i thought i was watching some advert. not what i expected and i probably waste half an hour of my life as i didnt see anything i wanted to see.

either way, will wait to see some benchmarks before i choose my graphics card 

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

First off, Welcome to the Forums!

Secondly; you fell for all of that? Damn.

My opinion on the show was mixed, I was extremely excited to see what AMD was going to pull out of the hat. I stayed up till 12pm to see what the deal was.

So first off I was expecting some pretty sizable advances with the entire product line, the actual show was all right, I wasn't bothered by the delay and obviously getting the actual tech guys to speak wasn't the greatest idea (Jeez they were ridiculously slow).

But what really ticked me off  was that it became alarmingly apparent I wasn't watching the AMD GPU event, moreso the AMD R9-290x event.

Pretty much most of the touted features (the really prominent ones anyways) are going to essentially be exclusive to the R9-290x.

I myself was excited to see the upcoming $300-$400 card, which of course was just a rebranded 7970, and that I have to say, irked me.

The fact that we're only really seeing one new card here p*ssed me off.

Yeah it may be a "titan-killer" or whatever the fan boys are calling it but to see the same 1-2 year old line regurgitate itself annoyed me, AMD could've really got the one up on Nvidia and released a whole new architecture.

The biggest problem about this current GPU war is that AMD and Nvidia are trading very small blows, making small steps where they should be landing huge punches, moving great strides.

The endless flip/flac is getting ridiculous, we're reaching a point where power usage and acoustics and what-not are increasing faster than power/performance (in the sub 7990/Titan category anyway).

I'm hoping Maxwell will change that but Nvidia will probably just mildly upgrade the 7 series and make a card to rival the R9-290x, just waiting for AMD to do what they did this week.

All in all I was just hoping that the mid-high end range would become a bit diversified, but seeing the Tahiti-XT back in action obviously stopped that dead in its tracks.

(I'm not saying the R9-290x isn't impressive, it is! I'm saying the other cards are just not innovative)

In an industry like this if one developer raised the bar intensely the other would in-turn have to reach it, creating a market where the consumer gets the best possible outcome.

What we have instead is complacency.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

^ Whats your take about Nvidia 700 series?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

^ Whats your take about Nvidia 700 series?

The exact same thing, a small performance bump because they produce the same old sh*t and make money off of it.

I was expecting AMD to rectify that and kick Nvidia (and more speficically the market) into a more active environment, seems like they just played along.

Trying to perform a fan-boy test on me? ;)

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W