Help - Screen Flickering

Hey folks, well im having this screen flickering only the bottom of the monitor/screen like square things , its not a really big problem but its annoying, i tried updating GPU drivers and same problem, i used this monitor on other computer and didnt happen, i used other monitor to this computer and happened again, im using VGA cable to DVI-I Adapter to my GPU, my specs are in my signature, trying changing adapter, same problem, what i havent tried is, changing GPU, enter safe mode, i hope you can help me, and i hope its not a GPU problem, and no problems while playing nothing that i have seen anyway, thanks for reading

https://youtu.be/dKB_d_XBtOI

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

haha im clueless here... when something like this happens, I usually back up my computer to an external 2TB seagate HDD and reset it. then i reinstall windows and its fixed. lel

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Have you tried a modern cable like DVI, DP, HDMI, etc. ?  Really no one should ever use VGA any more

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Have you tried a modern cable like DVI, DP, HDMI, etc. ?  Really no one should ever use VGA any more

i havent, my monitor its only VGA, its from 2 year ago, and i havent tried plugging in a monitor with HDMI or DP

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

2 minutes ago, IlDuceSaint said:

i havent, my monitor its only VGA, its from 2 year ago, and i havent tried plugging in a monitor with HDMI or DP

If it is as new as 2 years ago it surely has at least DVI?  But yeah try another screen if you have to - I bet it could be caused by the ancient connection :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If it is as new as 2 years ago it surely has at least DVI?  But yeah try another screen if you have to - I bet it could be caused by the ancient connection :P

maybe its the cable, when i tried other monitor i used the same cable of my monitor, and its only VGA my monitor, then i will try using HDMI then.

EDITED: i remembered and i dont think is the cable, i tried using the monitor on another PC with the same cable the monitor has and it didnt happen the problem.

Edited by IlDuceSaint

1 minute ago, IlDuceSaint said:

maybe its the cable, when i tried other monitor i used the same cable of my monitor, and its only VGA my monitor, then i will try using HDMI then.

oh, I thought you said that another monitor on this system did cause the problem?

oh, I thought you said that another monitor on this system did cause the problem?

yeah, another monitor with the same cable does cause the problem, but same monitor with same cable dont cause problem in different computer, strange huh?

yeah, another monitor with the same cable does cause the problem, but same monitor with same cable dont cause problem in different computer, strange huh?

Then it must be a problem with the computer...

Then it must be a problem with the computer...

i forgot to mention, this doesnt happen when enabling hardware acceleration in firefox, and when recording with OBS, it stops happening this screen flickering

2 minutes ago, IlDuceSaint said:

i forgot to mention, this doesnt happen when enabling hardware acceleration in firefox, and when recording with OBS, it stops happening this screen flickering

I just watched that video again very closely and I think it's just a problem specifically with Firefox.  Have you ever noticed it happening with another program?

I just watched that video again very closely and I think it's just a problem specifically with Firefox.  Have you ever noticed it happening with another program?

it does happen in steam while scrolling and in opera browser and This flickering only happens when scrolling and changing between windows, this flickering its most notable when changing to bright and dark colors like in the video, if i change between darker colors, i dont notice the flickering

it does happen in steam while scrolling and in opera browser and This flickering only happens when scrolling and changing between windows, this flickering its most notable when changing to bright and dark colors like in the video, if i change between darker colors, i dont notice the flickering

We're narrowing it down now... it has to be something to do with how these programs are interacting with the video card.  Support for hardware acceleration, or a driver or something is not quite right.

Could you try the following:

w7_cp_dsply_sttngs_advncd_sttngs.gif

vistahardware3.jpg

-snip-

i cant click it, it appears like that

Capture.PNG

i cant click it, it appears like that

Capture.PNG

hm that could be a problem...you are sure you've installed the latest drivers properly?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

hm that could be a problem...you are sure you've installed the latest drivers properly?

if properly you mean by using DDU in safe mode, then installing them, i didnt, i just installed the drivers in top of the current one, i have 365.19

EDIT: but i did once that method and it didnt fixed the flickering, both methods by using DDU and by installing in top of the current drivers

if properly you mean by using DDU in safe mode, then installing them, i didnt, i just installed the drivers in top of the current one, i have 365.19

well that should be fine, it's nvidia so it always works perfectly :P 

That's not the latest one though.  However, I don't really expect to see much change with updating it.

well that should be fine, it's nvidia so it always works perfectly :P 

That's not the latest one though.  However, I don't really expect to see much change with updating it.

well this is not really a big issue, that i cant use the pc cuz of the flickering oh nooo, it doesnt happens when gaming neither when watching videos in youtube and in MPC-HM, sooo when i buy a new monitor i hope it fixes itself, or by installing new drivers it fixes itself

• 2 weeks later...

the new driver update 368.39 fixed this