device manager error code 12

greenroost1445
Go to solution Solved by vanished,
6 minutes ago, greenroost1445 said:

Yup! worked perfectly in the exact same pc when running windows 7, drivers and all

that's good... that means in theory this is fixable and for free... :)

I did find this but not sure if that will help: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/pci-express-root-port-error-code-12/8144bd84-9070-4208-9578-7b16a85c8fc3?auth=1

I'll keep looking

EDIT: wait, when you say you "updated", did you just update or did you do a clean install?  I would highly recommend a clean install of 10 before we try anything else

so I needed to revive an older machine by putting in new graphics card and updating it to windows 10. However, when it finished installing windows 10 the graphics card (evga gt610 1gb)has refued to be recognized in device manager. When I look at the pcie root port it says it's an error code 12. I've tried looking to see what's causing it but to don't know how to look that the resource identifiers... any help?

What CPU do you have?  If it's anything modern there's a good chance the integrated graphics are better than a GeForce 610

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

oh no... it's an e6300 that's my dad wants to keep around for a little while longer

1 minute ago, greenroost1445 said:

oh no... it's an e6300 that's my dad wants to keep around for a little while longer

oh ok :)

Have you installed the nvidia drivers for it?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh ok :)

Have you installed the nvidia drivers for it?

It won't let me. The driver installation software doesn't recognize that there's a card there at all. >:(

3 minutes ago, greenroost1445 said:

It won't let me. The driver installation software doesn't recognize that there's a card there at all. >:(

Oh! Did this card ever work in another system?  Did the pcie slot you are using ever work with a different card?

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh! Did this card ever work in another system?  Did the pcie slot you are using ever work with a different card?

Yup! worked perfectly in the exact same pc when running windows 7, drivers and all

6 minutes ago, greenroost1445 said:

I did find this but not sure if that will help: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/pci-express-root-port-error-code-12/8144bd84-9070-4208-9578-7b16a85c8fc3?auth=1

I'll keep looking

EDIT: wait, when you say you "updated", did you just update or did you do a clean install?  I would highly recommend a clean install of 10 before we try anything else

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'll keep looking

Yea I looked at that and am going through it. I thought that maybe someone here might've had the same experience. :) And now can confirm it works!! thank you so much

2 minutes ago, greenroost1445 said:

Yea I looked at that and am going through it. I thought that maybe someone here might've had the same experience. :) And now can confirm it works!! thank you so much

that solved it?  Good to hear! :)