Linux Distro with Nvidia GTX 970

HI all,

I need suggestion of a linux distro that installs without a problem along with a Nvidia GTX 970. I have tries Ubuntu 16.04 and OpenSuse. Unfortunately both of them seems to run into issue with the video cards while creating a dual boot(the installation itself fails) alongside windows 10. Online troubleshooting has failed me , and am not really looking for a virtual box, as such reaching out to the community for suggestions.

moved to Linux section

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I have the 970 on Lubuntu but I don't dual-boot; have W7, W10, and Lubuntu on different HDDs and swap them when I need it

If it doesn't work well on Ubuntu chances are it won't work on anything else. Why is it that you blame the gpu for installation failures by the way? Booting has pretty much nothing to do with graphics cards, and installation should not really care too much either.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*