External gpu for Lenovo

Hello everyone. Great work for building this forum. I am new here and I would like to make my very first topic. I have Lenovo G710 laptop (i7 4th generation , 500gb ssd 16gb ram , 820m 2gb) and I was wondering if I can install an eGPU via mPCI and if I can will it be difficult ? If there is someone who have done it, to the same laptop as mine I would like him to share the experience and any other experiences also. No way to build a desktop atm so don't try to convince me to this path :)  Looking forward getting an answer and thanks in advance

Yes you can, but you normally have to take out the wifi card. You may also have to cut a whole in the bottom or take off the bottom panel when using it. You probably also have to use a external monitor.

Just now, grifos said:

Hello everyone. Great work for building this forum. I am new here and I would like to make my very first topic. I have Lenovo G710 laptop (i7 4th generation , 500gb ssd 16gb ram , 820m 2gb) and I was wondering if I can install an eGPU via mPCI and if I can will it be difficult ? If there is someone who have done it, to the same laptop as mine I would like him to share the experience and any other experiences also. No way to build a desktop atm so don't try to convince me to this path :)  Looking forward getting an answer and thanks in advance

I have thought about it. Honestly the amount of money spent on the graphics card wouldnt be worth it. the PCI slot gained by removing the wireless card isnt fast enough for a good card..but if you really want to try, there are many  on youtube who has done the same...check them out

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Thanks for answering . I have an external monitor already . Also I have seen many vids on how to remove the mPCI . Do we know if I will have a problem on my laptop identifying the egpu ? I have read that, some laptops have whitelist bios and prevent the usage of an external hardware . Can I check it somehow ? And if my laptop has this whitelist,  is it hard to "crack " it ? 

Thanks.