Little Minecraft/Robocraft PC

So I started building this for a family member out of spare parts I have so far it has a Pentium g3258 3.2ghz dual core processor, a gigabyte motherboard, a 250gb hard drive, and a 700watt Apevia power supply (I know the psu is crap but it's all I have right now) and I'm going to be putting Zorin OS Linux on it and 4gb of whatever the cheapest ram I can find is. Currently I stole a stick of ram from my gaming desktop to get the little guy booted so I can install linux and do some testing of the hardware. Most of the parts in the machine are at most a year old and still work great and the only part that is over a year old is the hard drive that I pulled from a 11 year old Acer desktop, I know it might not last too long but I tested it and it works fine and shows no errors and it has run less hours then another hard drive I have that has run over 20,000 hours and still works. So what do you guys think the machine is going to be running off the Pentiums intergrated GPU, it will be running linux, and the person using it will be using it to play Robocraft, Minecraft, and to watch Minecraft videos on YouTube.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Looks good for being a scrapyard style rig.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

10 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I'd get one of those thirty dollar Seasonic 350 Watters for it to guarantee good power. Otherwise it looks good! OC that Pentium! (you'll need a Z97 for that).

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Looks good for being a scrapyard style rig.

Well I when you take your time when building a PC and very gentle with the parts, also when you use very well taken care of parts nothing really gets knicked or damaged and stays looking new the only crusty looking part is the hard drive thats because I pulled it out of a 11 year old prebuilt ACER desktop that was given to me for free a few months ago.

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Well I when you take your time when building a PC and very gentle with the parts, also when you use very well taken care of parts nothing really gets knicked or damaged and stays looking new the only crusty looking part is the hard drive thats because I pulled it out of a 11 year old prebuilt ACER desktop that was given to me for free a few months ago.

Yeah, I always clean my PC about once a month to keep all the parts clean and performing good.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'd get one of those thirty dollar Seasonic 350 Watters for it to guarantee good power. Otherwise it looks good! OC that Pentium! (you'll need a Z97 for that).

I can OC on the Gigabyte board with the Pentium I did it before and the board does support very limited overclocking and I can get the Pentium to 3.8ghz stable under stock voltage I don't plan to overclock it right now because of the cheap power supply and the person I'm going to give it too doesn't really need that much performance and the Pentium will perfictly perform for what the person needs at stock speed

4 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Yeah, I always clean my PC about once a month to keep all the parts clean and performing good.

Same here I clean out my gaming desktop alot too I always suggest to people to clean out the inside of their PC once a year to prevent overheating problems and to increase the longevity of their PC

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I can OC on the Gigabyte board with the Pentium I did it before and the board does support very limited overclocking and I can get the Pentium to 3.8ghz stable under stock voltage I don't plan to overclock it right now because of the cheap power supply and the person I'm going to give it too doesn't really need that much performance and the Pentium will perfictly perform for what the person needs at stock speed

Ah, interesting. Maybe it's just windows that doesn't allow OC Pentiums on non-Z97, I heard something like that.

Anyway, don't forget to OC the iGPU as well once you get good power in there :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR